Dashain Special deals for 10/10-Pix Ram Kumar Yak Cheeses slicer and huge savings

I remember that one very well. That was a hard one to send off. That turned out super nice.
The one I carry every day now is very similar but I didn't put a guard on it. The guard does add something to it. If I ever do another, I'll try another guard for sure.
I think I just might have one more Lachu thin IBBB, not certain, I know I have at least one more Bhakta.

EMS 15 inch 25 ounce Ang Khola Bowie by Bhakta. Horn handle. $135.

Got the DD!!
I saw you got the DD. I email Yangdu and asked her to send one to me too. I was eyeballing these AK Bowies on the Yahoo store site before I even knew about this forum. The AK Bowie looks like it would be the perfect one to use the classic Crocodile Dundee line "That's not a knife.(unsheath) Now THAT's a knife." I look forward to swinging it.

I saw you got the DD. I email Yangdu and asked her to send one to me too. I was eyeballing these AK Bowies on the Yahoo store site before I even knew about this forum. The AK Bowie looks like it would be the perfect one to use the classic Crocodile Dundee line "That's not a knife.(unsheath) Now THAT's a knife." I look forward to swinging it.
They are awesome. This will be my 5th. Ndog sold me on these. There are several videos on YouTube including a ndog video!
And yes....that’s a knife!

George, I will have to check out that video while I am waiting.

Nothing compares, but some things enhance it, like adding checkering done by Bawanna, and a sheath made by pugs75

IMG_4204B.JPG

That looks great.

Those IBBBs are all very nice, but as Bawanna and Pugs will agree and all BS aside, I have the most unusual/different/SPECIAL IBBB of them all. If it wasn't for the patent generosity of those two Gentlemen, I wouldn't have it and the sheath. Of all the fine HI blades in my collection, this blade is the very last one I would part with, swords included. I am the luckiest Steven Oscar Bookout there ever was. Those blades are handy little workers and a blade one can rely on 100% of the time. You'd lose it before you ever wore it out! You ain't got one, tell Mrs. Martino that you need one pronto.

Now I’m so glad I have this one heading my way!!
EMS 8.5 inch 6 ounce Mini Micro Bowie by Lachhu. Horn handle. $85.
And a DD!!
IBBB IS MINE!!

They are awesome. This will be my 5th. Ndog sold me on these. There are several videos on YouTube including a ndog video!
And yes....that’s a knife!

You were right. These are awesome. I took this in the woods to test it out. It definitely chops like an axe. When I came back home I cleaned it and it sliced a tomato like a chef knife with no sharpening. Amazing.

You were right. These are awesome. I took this in the woods to test it out. It definitely chops like an axe. When I came back home I cleaned it and it sliced a tomato like a chef knife with no sharpening. Amazing.

Eric, there is a post that was at least 6 months ago that this knife design was presented to Ms Yangdu and was originally called by a different name. The guy that presented the drawing to have this knife commissioned conversed with me about the design. He refused for it to be called by his name. So it was designated to be the AK Bowie.

Can anyone tell me who designed this knife?
If I do research on my comments, I can probably find it.
If no one comments, I’ll go back and find it when I have the time!
Thanks for sharing Eric! That’s a great looking knife.
Looks like a Bhakta!

The larger versions of this knife down to about 10'' have been around for years, many many years. Bura use to make them, ndog has a few Bura's I think.
I don't recall it ever being called anything but an AK Bowie but maybe I missed something.

Eric, there is a post that was at least 6 months ago that this knife design was presented to Ms Yangdu and was originally called by a different name. The guy that presented the drawing to have this knife commissioned conversed with me about the design. He refused for it to be called by his name. So it was designated to be the AK Bowie.
Can anyone tell me who designed this knife?

Cobalt wrote this earlier, about the origins of the AK Bowie:
"I drew out and spec'd for Bill to give to Kamis. I then had to go out of country for some time and when I came back Yvsa had added his clip point to it, but the original did not have a clip point, it looked like a straight Ang Khola which was what I wanted. The one pictured above is the closest I have seen to it. I wanted it called the AK Bowie, Bill tried calling it the Cobalt Special and Yvsa threw in the Bird and Trout knife, lol. AK Bowie I think was the best choice."

thread with original drawings:
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...-sales-for-12-29.1541806/page-2#post-17716313
yes, the original version, I drew out and spec'd for Bill to give to Kamis. I then had to go out of country for some time and when I came back Yvsa had added his clip point to it, but the original did not have a clip point, it looked like a straight Ang Khola which was what I wanted. The one pictured above is the closest I have seen to it. I wanted it called the AK Bowie, Bill tried calling it the Cobalt Special and Yvsa threw in the Bird and Trout knife, lol. AK Bowie I think was the best choice.

Cobalt wrote this earlier, about the origins of the AK Bowie:
"I drew out and spec'd for Bill to give to Kamis. I then had to go out of country for some time and when I came back Yvsa had added his clip point to it, but the original did not have a clip point, it looked like a straight Ang Khola which was what I wanted. The one pictured above is the closest I have seen to it. I wanted it called the AK Bowie, Bill tried calling it the Cobalt Special and Yvsa threw in the Bird and Trout knife, lol. AK Bowie I think was the best choice."

thread with original drawings:
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...-sales-for-12-29.1541806/page-2#post-17716313
Thank you Mr Tall. It was Cobalt that I conversed with where he posted his original drawing. He kinda told me the history behind the AKB. If anyone could find it, you can!
Thank you again. There should be some post within the last year he and I was discussing this. I believe he actually purchased an AKB for his first time as in our discussion!

A couple of the drawings (the ones without the clip point) look a lot like today's Tamang Knife,
but a little thicker and heavier, according to the specs written on the sketches.

Those IBBBs are all very nice, but as Bawanna and Pugs will agree and all BS aside, I have the most unusual/different/SPECIAL IBBB of them all. If it wasn't for the patent generosity of those two Gentlemen, I wouldn't have it and the sheath. Of all the fine HI blades in my collection, this blade is the very last one I would part with, swords included. I am the luckiest Steven Oscar Bookout there ever was. Those blades are handy little workers and a blade one can rely on 100% of the time. You'd lose it before you ever wore it out! You ain't got one, tell Mrs. Martino that you need one pronto.
I thought I had a bunch of pictures of that little bowie. Might be buried in the photobucket nightmare. I tried to find them without success. I'll have to search harder, I know they are there someplace.

I do got a few Bowies.

3f62f39cb0d395228dd6a2b9c16ed2ce

I have several more now but this is prolly the latest family photo? I have some Buras, Sanus, Bhakta, Vim, Min, Hmm? might have missed somebody? The thing is when newbies come to HI they want Khukris period just like I did! These off styles dont appeal to them at first but as soon as they figure out how talented these Kamis are then the possibilities are endless! If Kumar made a nine iron id buy it and golf still sucks almost as bad as disco but he can surely do what he does well!
Bawanna suggested reducing the size of the AKB so we could wear them on the belt and that was the greatest idea. Now I have a handful of them too.
Glad yall like them. Try them in all sizes is all I can say! They are all great!

I'd be buried with my AK Bowie if I weren't planning on being cremated. Maybe just stick it in ash pile? No, dont do that. Some great nephew will think my beloved AKB is a fire poker or something.

Best just not ever die...for the AKB's sake.

I do got a few Bowies.

3f62f39cb0d395228dd6a2b9c16ed2ce

...Bawanna suggested reducing the size of the AKB so we could wear them on the belt and that was the greatest idea. Now I have a handful of them too. Glad yall like them. Try them in all sizes is all I can say! They are all great!

The folding pocketknife version you made (Bawanna Bowie Micro-AKB-Folder), shown above unassembled, appears in this video I found at the ndoghouse channel while looking for some Gurkha cigarbox guitar music being played (ahem...)

Uh...Im still working on that Steve! Im right there with disco and golf when it comes to guitar playin but its fun:D I do need to do an update to that folder since it is finished.

Is the 17 inch 12 ounce Reti by Kumar. Neem wood handle. Super fast Knife at $65 still available? If so what would the shipping be to 97487 in oregon?
TIA!
Ted

Back