Dates of Manufacture

I have 2 Randall Model 18's and was wondering if you could tell me the dates of manufacture? Not exactly sure how to attach photos here. It doesn't have a way to attach photos.

You need to use a photo hosting site. After uploading to somewhere like imgur, you should have an option for Bulletin Board code that you can paste into your post.

Now that you got that part, you'll have your questions answered better if you post a clear picture of the entire knife, both sides and the front and back of the sheath. If there's a sharpening stone in the pouch get a picture of it as well. That can help with nailing down the dates of manufacture.

Edit;

I just saw there are multiple pictures if you click through your post.

Now that you got that part, you'll have your questions answered better if you post a clear picture of the entire knife, both sides and the sheath.
I posted 4 photos. The arrows come up when you hover over the photo

Both knives look to be current models with 01 Swedish Tool Steel blades.
The Sullivan sheaths and logo snaps started in 1995, so no older than that.
They could have been made last year or twenty years ago.
Sorry I can't be of more help.

I appreciate it. I saw where the newer knives had FL for the abbreviation and FLA for older. Guess not haha. They were at an estate sale.

The "FL" stamp started in about 1984 and is only on stainless blades.
The "FLA" stamp has been used from the start, 1938, and is used on both 01 and SS.

Could the short 18 have had a repair in the past?
Looks to me to have had something done to it.
The solder on the front of the guard looks to be brass/bronze?
It should be silver/grey in colour.
Also the grind marks on the blade, especially on the bottom of the logo, look to be not done at the shop.

Back