Dating Uncle Henry Boxes

Discussion in 'Schrade Knives Collectors Forum' started by black mamba, Nov 11, 2019.

1. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    I'm trying to pin down, at least as accurately as possible, the date ranges of Uncle Henry boxes. I know the first ones were still in the brown hinged boxes, and around 1971-72 they switched to the two-piece brown boxes. Later ones had cream colored boxes with either black and red logos or blue and silver logos. Does anyone know the dates when the changes were made, and did the black and red precede the blue and silver? Thanks in advance!

2. TheChunk91

TheChunk91 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 15, 2013
    The blue and silver were the last variant of the boxes. I don't know exactly when they changed.

TonySal likes this.
  3. koldgold

koldgold

Jul 2, 2010
    TonySal likes this.
  4. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Thanks, guys, much appreciated

5. Frotier76

Frotier76

Dec 14, 2013
    Uncle Henry changed to grey and black packaging with the logo in print around 1989/1990. Schrade went to a black and green packaging for both the Uncle Henry and Old Timer that ran from the mid 90's to late 90's. Then Schrade switched another consolidated look with dark and light blue striped packaging for both knife lines from the late 90's until 2002/2003. 2003 to closing in 2004 they went with a silver border.

Side note:
    If you pay attention to their blister packaging changes over the decades you'll notice the features indicated that made Schrade attention grabbers to consumers became less and less descriptive.