Daughter's wedding pic

My daughter using her 18" Hanuman to cut the cake. Yes the blade was cleaned of most grill marks since using it as a spatula on the fire recently. She has selected and is teaching my new Son-in-Law well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 358
Great picture! I was planning on using my Bonecutter to cut my cake a couple of years back but chickened out and went traditional. I really wish I just went ahead and went through with it. You should be very proud!

Congratulations! Looks like a fine couple. We used Grannys chainsaw to cut the funnel cake at our wedding. Made Momma sooooo proud! Made a heck of a mess though. But sincerely, hoping the best for your daughter and a proerous and happy marriage.

Thats great! Love it! Usually its the groom wanting to do something like that. I bet your son-in-law stays out of the kitchen when hes told:D
That pic needs to go with Bawannas Shotgun wedding pic:thumbup:
My daughter using her 18" Hanuman to cut the cake. Yes the blade was cleaned of most grill marks since using it as a spatula on the fire recently. She has selected and is teaching my new Son-in-Law well.

Steely_Gunz

Got the Khukuri fevah
My wife and I cut ours with an 18" YCS 8 years ago:)

Congrats!

Now that i would have liked to seen! Guess granny didnt have a khuk?
Congratulations! Looks like a fine couple. We used Grannys chainsaw to cut the funnel cake at our wedding. Made Momma sooooo proud! Made a heck of a mess though. But sincerely, hoping the best for your daughter and a proerous and happy marriage.

.. My daughter using her 18" Hanuman to cut the cake ..
Congrats :)
And it sure is a great picture :thumbup:
Her 18" OAL Hanuman is slightly longer than mine (i.e. IIRC mine is a 17" OAL Old Shop Hanuman).
Thanks for sharing the picture pal :)

mohd

Congratulations.
Hope it was a wonderful day. :)

Very cool way to cut the cake. Thanks for sharing the very special day with us.

Mark

Bawanna

Congrats :)
And it sure is a great picture :thumbup:
Her 18" OAL Hanuman is slightly longer than mine (i.e. IIRC mine is a 17" OAL Old Shop Hanuman).
Thanks for sharing the picture pal :)

mohd

Mr. mohd, what is that knife in your avatar. It's a beautiful thing. Curious about it size and where I can get one just like it.

.. what is that knife in your avatar. It's a beautiful thing. Curious about it size and where I can get one just like it ..
Hi pal, just call me Mohd.
Late Uncle Bill and Auntie Yangdu also call me by that name, please :)
And so sorry for the late reply bcoz I just noticed your posting in here this Thursday morning (i.e. might be Wednesday night in your place, pal!).

The sweet thing was made by Todd Fischer of Lithia, FL and IIRC I got it in March, 2009.

Todd Fischer said:
.. It's a semi-skinner pattern, with some absolutely freakin' gorgeous elephant bark ivory scales.
The colors you see in the pics is about what they actually look like.
Specs:

Blade: 3/16" x 4 1/4" 440C mirror polished, with fileworked spine
OAL: 9-1/4"
Bolsters: 416 stainless steel, dovetailed
Scales: Premium bark elephant ivory
Sheath: Leather, hand made by me with basket weave tooling ..

ToddFischersemisknr001.jpg
ToddFischersemisknr002.jpg

ToddFischersemisknr003.jpg
ToddFischersemisknr004.jpg

You can look into Todd's website by searching for "Fischer Custom Knives" :)
He's a very nice, friendly and a very helpful knife maker.
And kindly send my regards to him if ever you in touch with him, pal.

mohd

Bawanna

That's one of the prettiest knives I've ever laid eyes on. Absolutely gorgeous.

I need to behave myself for a bit, been on a blade frenzy it seems lately but I will look Fischer up in due time and pass your regards when I do.
In the mean time I'll come back often and feast my eyes on your beautiful knife.

That is just really something. What is the overall length in a ball park figure?

Thanks for your response too, obviously I've been thinking about your knife ALOT.

Mohd, that knife looks like an excellent skinning/caping knife. You made a great purchase.

wildmanh

Part time Leather Bender/Sheath maker

Great picture, thanks for sharing. Congrats to the happy couple. :)