Dave Larsen (DDaveLarsen) has passed

I'm posting to let you know that my brother and long-time contributor to Blade Forums has passed. This forum was his primary connection to the knifemaking community, and he engaged in several collaborative projects here - most notably an effort by six makers to create and donate knives to troops in Iraq. He was so proud of that project.

He died Saturday, March 20th of a pulmonary embolism. I miss him so much. I haven't been able to do it yet, but sometime this week I intend to just go sit in his shop for awhile. I've attached pictures of his last knife, the only one he kept. They're pictures he texted to me when he finished. There is a SharpByCoop photo as well, but I'm not sure of the legality of posting. Perhaps Coop will.

2TV0qLc.jpg

MMwsq2C.jpg

I’m dreadfully sorry to hear this. He was a long-time contributor to Shop Talk, back when it was something worth talking about, and he was part of the reason for that.

My condolences to you and your family. Sad news, for certain, and the knifemaking community is less for it.

Boy, did MY heart sink when I saw this new. Completely blindsided. :(

Dave and I had our usual email interactions, and he's ALWAYS been so courteous and appreciative. Business as usual....

Larsen_210205-wweb.jpg

This PARTICULAR standout blew up my Instagram page when I posted it weeks ago. Read all the glorious comments.

Thank you Michael.

Sorry for your loss.
It is obvious why he kept this one. The flow of the lines is beautiful.
The execution is flawless, truly a legacy piece.

God Bless and God Speed all of you folks and may Dave Rest In Eternal Peace and Love...:(

Rest in peace. May he live forever in his works and in our memories. My condolences.

I am the recipient of Dave's Theatre Knife that he and other makers donated to my old Special Forces team while we were in Afghanistan. Dave and I stayed in touch for a couple years and through the turmoil of life and deployments we lost touch. I was recently going through some old papers and thought I would email him with an update on me and the beautiful knife he made. I came across this thread after his email came back undeliverable.

Dave was always very courteous to me and although we never met in person, I felt that he was a good man with a generous humble heart.

Godspeed Dave and Rest In Peace.

Back