David Mosier Knives - Opinions wanted!

I'd be curious as well. They look to be outstanding beaters, but I haven't heard any firsthand opinions.

I have had one of his TAC-3 and I think the finish is very good also the feel in hand is good too.
The knife I had was chisel ground and I didn't have many chance to use it but I did cut thick cardboard for hundred times and the edge holding is good too. (I'm not a good tester just try to figure out how about the edge holding for normal use)

The price is very competitive because the knife was made by ATS-34.

Only thing I felt not that good was the kydex sheath came with the knife. The rivet was so so and the finish of the sheath is only ok and was too tight for my taste. It scratched the knife seriouly when I put the knife in. The time I got the knife was on the middle of 2001 so maybe the maker changes his sheath right now. Maybe I'm too picky so this is just my opinion though.

The maker is good for communication and has great response time (For knife order and email)

Overall I believe his knife is a good buy.

Here is a picture for the knife I have had.
http://joe.knifenut.idv.tw/mosier/davidmosier_tac3_2.jpg

Hope this help.

PS. forgot to say, the upper one in the picture is Compadre made by Mike Snody. The bigger one is TAC-3.

David did an exclusive for me and I got to handle it it was a very sturdy knife, his work is good, and I would say that they are users for sure.

Back