DB-721 Yard perfection.

Hi folks,

Found this DB-721 in a stone, pulled it out, and have since felt more….kingly?

I’m a big fan of this blade shape, yet have found little discussion about this great knife.

It chops like a bigger blade, yet handles camp duties with aplomb...why is this not the Next Big Thing?

I’ve been enjoying the recent series of SYKCO knives a lot. They feel good in hand, not too heavy or cumbersome. Thickness is at my max for slicing ability. I don’t always need a dedicated chopping machine, and these things cut well many other tasks.

I feel the same way about the 4-21. Years ago I sold my Camp Tramp and regretted it until I got my 4-21.
Perfect balance, thickness etc.

I had always wanted a GSO 7/7, but this fit that bill as well...

Really liking the DB-721. I wasn't sure about the blade shape at first but after using it a bit I keep finding more and more things that it is good at. I think the biggest surprise to me was how well it chopped for what I would consider a short blade for chopping.

Garth

I really want to see that knife with a full flat grind like the dt12. And some cant to the handle in the other direction. Yeah, trying to turn it into a santoku.

Hey guys,
Im trying to get back on the Scrap Yard forum but it's been hours and I still havent gotten a verification email.
Is this normal?

Hey guys,
Im trying to get back on the Scrap Yard forum but it's been hours and I still havent gotten a verification email.
Is this normal?

Not being able to sign up is very much normal. Not being able to sign in? Well, I never made it that far…

This is a great knife, the new missus loves it and the small cleaver type sykco in the kitchen

Back