DDR logo design contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Restrictions:
*Must be 18 years of age or older (if I ask for proof, you shall and will provide it)
*Must live in the continental United States, excluding New York City.
*Must have been a member of bladeforums for at least 3 months or a paying member. Paid memberships override the 3 month rule.
*Must abide by all local, state, and Federal knife laws.
*Must be a carbon based life form
*Submit as many entries as you wish.
*Contest will run until Darrel sees something he likes

MISCELLANEOUS fine print: Winner agrees to abide by all local, state, and federal laws regarding knife ownership. We will not be held responsible for any injury or death caused by inappropriate use of the knife. The knife is not a toy and should not be treated as such. These knives are sharp and can cause injury if mishandled.

Simple rules: Design a DDR logo which might be used for future DDR t-shirts.

Prize = titanium Dirk Pinkerton necker. Not sure which design yet, but I'll leave that one up to Dirk himself.

Last edited:
I like logo's simple (or non existent) so as to not detract from the beauty of the knife!

p919800009-2.jpg

Would it be possible to participate without living in the US and of course without being able to win anything? Also can I post ideas/designs for the whole shirt designs, not only the logo? I'm a graphic designer with a soft spot for shirts and the only price that I'd really enjoy would be my shirts getting printed.

Would it be possible to participate without living in the US and of course without being able to win anything? Also can I post ideas/designs for the whole shirt designs, not only the logo? I'm a graphic designer with a soft spot for shirts and the only price that I'd really enjoy would be my shirts getting printed.

Go for it.

My go at it ... sorry that you have to copy/paste the link but I was having some troubles with the attachment feature :)

ddrhtmmodel1-001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh, I've been so busy with the job hunt that I haven't had a lot of time to work on the shirt logos. But I'll be putting some work into em soon. I'll post .pngs here when I have something.

Here's Mine. Sharp and Clean, yet Stylish and Cool lookin'. Just like DDR Blades!:D

DDR%20Logo%20on%20Knife.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey fellas,

This one is more directed toward the mods, as i'm having fun designing a DDR logo right now. Unfortunately i'm kind of new to BF, having joined somewhere around the August 25th region. I was hoping to be able to join the contest. If not, that's okay. I'd be happy just seeing my design on a blade someday if anybody likes it.

Thanks all.
-Chuck

edit: dur, answered my own question. READ MORE. Paid membership does the trick.

Last edited:
Hey Folks,
So I finished up my designs!
183800_4389928779307_579327990_n.jpg

(PS for Hark / neuron / Mr. Ralph / I'll be getting my paid membership going on Friday morning, I know I'm still a month shy of the 3 month rule)

Just wanted to get them out there, I couldn't TAKE IT!

Hope you enjoy!

Thanks!:D

Last edited:
Decided to check out this thread now that I'm a mod -- I'd been avoiding it since, with my own graphical design skills being basically nil, I wasn't going to enter -- and wow, there's some cool stuff in here! I'll pester Darrel to take a look at the entries and see what he thinks, and then get back to you guys.

Nice work, everyone! :thumbup:

These are some really cool logos, I like seeing stuff like this on the forums! :thumbup:
Decided to check out this thread now that I'm a mod -- I'd been avoiding it since, with my own graphical design skills being basically nil, I wasn't going to enter -- and wow, there's some cool stuff in here! I'll pester Darrel to take a look at the entries and see what he thinks, and then get back to you guys.

Nice work, everyone! :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back