Deal K co. whale knife

Just wondering if anyone had ever heard of the Deal K CO. knives. I just found a fish knife on ebay with a whale shield on the handle and It looked very similar to an imperial fish knife. Who were these guys and were they in kahoots with imperial or camillus or something like that? or did imperial maybe do some knives for this company. I had just never seen this brand before. take a look at ebay.#220106373061. -Joel

Joel,

I believe that's an Ideal Knife Co knife. The I seems to be hidden in the grease. They were out of Providence, RI. Nice knife for the price.

Eric

PS Better hurry!

Hey eric, I just searched ebay and found another deal k maybe its worn off to but but who knows.ebay#330077302503 take a look

Joel,
They made a bunch with the whale shield- yellow handle, faux MOP to name a couple. Not the greatest construction but under ten bucks they're OK. They were in business till 1986.

Sorry, fake mother of pearl.

Eric

hi, those are ideal knife co. knives,ive got 2 myself,good knives for the money and although not much info about this company ,ive been hoping someday somebody would write about this company, as it was part of the cutlery busin ess in providence r.i. as was old imperial colonial etc. thanks

Purchased an old single blade folder yesterday and it has Deal K Co on the blade. If this is an Ideal knife, then the name was struck badly on the tang, there is no trace of an "I" before deal. oh, and there is "USA" stamped also. Red composition handles with a long type of shield. I remember seeing them for sale on service station and convenience store counters when I was much younger.

Back