Deals for 1/06 -- Pix, and five beauties

Yangdu

Himalayan Imports Owner ~ himimp@aol.com
1-06-06-1.JPG

1-06-06-2.JPG

1-06-06-3.JPG

L to r

Beautifully done 20.5 inch 26 Cherokee Rose by Bura. Himalayan satisal wood handle. Take it for $145 YBB. *SOLD*

15.5 inch 20 ounce UB memorial Salyan special by master Kami Bura. US antler handle. Excellent work by Bura. $145 YBB***** *SOLD*

15 inch 20 ounce horn hanlde villager BAS with white metal traditional bolster and buttcap. Great camping knife. $70 YBB. *SOLD*

14 inch 19 ounce BDC by Bura. Raktha chandan wood handle. Nice rig. $95 YBB. *SOLD*

9 inch 6 ounce world biggest little khukuri by Sgt. Khadka. $35 YBB. *SOLD*

Email to get any or all.

dibs on the little guy - 9 inch 6 bounc wblk - sgt khadka

#

Beauties. I've gotta get me a Cherokee Rose one day. What a price too!

E-mail sent on the chandan BDC.

Question: does anyone else think that the fullers are slightly different on this one?

Hard to tell, but it looks more like an AK blade to me somehow...(?)

Thanks,

Norm

I see what you mean Norm. Let us know more. The handle sure is pretty too.

aproy1101 said:
Beauties. I've gotta get me a Cherokee Rose one day. What a price too!

You're right on that! People think of satisal as being a bit plainer than some other woods, but the grain on that one is remarkable. What Uncle Bill used to call "glow in the dark satisal."

That one shouldn't last long.

World biggest little Khukuri gone.

why did it have to be horn :)

bladite

Svashtar said:
E-mail sent on the chandan BDC.

Question: does anyone else think that the fullers are slightly different on this one?

Norm

Part of it's the reflection from the chape... I think, Norm.

14 BDC rocks! I need a wood one... someday.

Is the Rose a little shorter than usual, or the handle longer? not sure....

Fingers crossed on the Falcatas!

Ad Astra

Bladite said:
dibs too on 15 inch 20 ounce horn hanlde villager ...

why did it have to be horn :)

bladite

Bladite, that is a particularly nice Villager BAS. I had my eye on that one as well, but one was about it for me this week!

Norm

Svashtar said:
Bladite, that is a particularly nice Villager BAS. I had my eye on that one as well, but one was about it for me this week!

Norm

ah, yes, i hope so, thanx :) i was surprised to see a DotD today, and even more so that i was 10-15 minutes late to the game and that it was still there.

it's not so pretty that i won't be willing to BEAT THE CRAP out of it, uh, er, use it well and hard and make the kami proud :) that's one to keep in the car :) the other guy might make a swell gift :)

now i have to read up on making these things scary sharp. i want my ancestors to know how sharp they are :>

bladite

Is the Rose a little shorter than usual, or the handle longer? not sure....

Ad Astra

I think the blade is shorter and the handle is longer (and bigger) than normal. I like these proportions. They look good to me. In fact is was the odd proportions that attracted me to it.

Dang, I wasn't even in the market for a Cherokee Rose.

Eric.

eswartz wrote:
Dang, I wasn't even in the market for a Cherokee Rose.
Eric,
Don't worry, I'm pretty sure that one was supposed to come to Austin - you just got to the computer first! If you decide you don't like it, drop me an email and we can work out a deal without any postage or packing problems:D .
Berk

Bladite said:
ah, yes, i hope so, thanx :) i was surprised to see a DotD today, and even more so that i was 10-15 minutes late to the game and that it was still there.

it's not so pretty that i won't be willing to BEAT THE CRAP out of it, uh, er, use it well and hard and make the kami proud :) that's one to keep in the car :) the other guy might make a swell gift :)

now i have to read up on making these things scary sharp. i want my ancestors to know how sharp they are :>

bladite

It's a user for sure, but with that bolster and satin finish it IS prettier than the standard BAS IMO. Good snag for you.

wow, that was fast. my box just arrived. eagerly shreds it open :)

bladite

yay - goodies - the villager is fantastical :)

i don't know the makers marks though - one is a half circle (large D) with many many rays coming out of it next to an circle with two lines each at 0,90,180,270 degrees. mmm?

the little guy is really really shiny and purty. the sweet spot and tip are good and sharp, the belly almost polished - i kinda like that. super letter opener or perhaps a little veggy/meat knife for the camp? or ... mmmm so cute.

bladite

I got the Cherokee Rose in last night. Man what a beauty. I had no feeling for how big this sucker is. Feels great. Well balanced.

Berk, I probably won't give this up.

Does anyone else think that a smaller version of this would be neat. Maybe a scaled down 12" version? Yvsa, any problems with that?

Eric.

Back