Deals for 2/07 -- Pix and three beauties

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Yangdu, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Yangdu

Yangdu [email protected] Himalayan Imports-Owner Moderator

Apr 5, 2005
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

L to r

18 inch 27 ounce Neem wood handle WWII by Sher is now available with a pine wood stand which is included in the price of Knife. $140 YBB. *SOLD*

Beautifully done 20.5 inch 27 ounce Cherokee Rose with a carved chandan wood handle by Bura. I am offering this knife at $165.00 which includes a free pine wood stand. *SOLD*

Collectible 17 inch 27 ounce M43 knife with a hand crafted handle of Montana elk scrimshawed by Bura. Excellent work by master Kami. Price $190 which includes a free wood stand. *SOLD*

Email to get any or all.

2. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    One day I'm gonna get me a Cherokee Rose. Its just about the epitome of what a knife guy would want from a knife. This one is a real gem.

3. Bladite

Bladite ǝɹnsıǝן ɟo uɐɯǝןʇuǝb Moderator

Feb 28, 2003
    ooh, very nice :)

bladite

4. hdwrlover

hdwrlover

Sep 21, 2003
    Beautiful stuff!

5. solomis

solomis

Jan 16, 2006
    Is it possible to have these two khuks

17" 27oz m43
    18" 27oz Neem ww11.
    Thank you.
    Solomis

6. waterhouse

waterhouse

Nov 15, 2005
    solomis you might want to try emailing Yangdu to get those.

7. hollowdweller

hollowdweller

Sep 22, 2003
    Munk can tell you how to handle one if you buy it:thumbup:

8. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    Hollow, Is there an inside story there?

9. kamagong

kamagong

Jan 13, 2001
    I don't care for scrimshaw, but that M43 is a beauty. With the fullers it almost looks like a hybrid between the M43 and the GS.

10. Bladite

Bladite ǝɹnsıǝן ɟo uɐɯǝןʇuǝb Moderator

Feb 28, 2003
    people keep saying that, but his method seems to work.

it also seems like he can't be emailed directly, or IM'ed - weird that.

bladite

11. Steely_Gunz

Steely_Gunz Got the Khukuri fevah Moderator

May 9, 2002
    That's a great lookin' Rose. I love mine. She's big and broad and beautiful. Not to mention tough as nails and sharp as the devil's tongue. However, with her sweeping lines and curves she comes across as a razor-toothed vixen with a seductive pout. The Cherokee Rose is a true fighter that can work with the best of them. A must for any TRUE HI collector;):thumbup:

Jake

12. Yvsa

Yvsa

May 18, 1999
    Oh Dayum!!!! After seeing that Cherokee Rose carved like that I got to thinking, "What if the carver put an Eagle at the top and then a Grizz or a large wolf below it in sort of a totem type effect?"
    Man that would be something else!!!!:thumbup: :cool: :D

That is if the carver did the Eagle just right and not make it so that it looked like a canary or such.:rolleyes: :barf:
    If y'all haven't seen the carver's rendition of a Nepali Owl then you haven't got your laugh of the year award yet.
    I guarantee you it is hilarious!!!! :rolleyes: :eek: :(

13. FullerH

FullerH

Nov 25, 1998
    Ya know, that there Cherokee Rose is one nice lookin' Bowie. i wonder how that carved hilt feels in the hand?

14. hollowdweller

hollowdweller

Sep 22, 2003
    No, you need to go back and search Munk's review of the blade. It's a classic:thumbup:

15. ALBPM

ALBPM

Nov 5, 2005
    WOW!!!!! Great DOTD

I've been in Meetings all afternoon.....:( :(

16. bwray

bwray Banned by Moderators Banned

Dec 2, 2005
    Next time I see a Cherokee Rose with a dark uncarved handle, I'm gonna bite it.

17. medbill

medbill

Jan 7, 2006
    WOW great blades yet once again. Mine just came in yesterday and once I have the time I'll take a group pic for you guys in their new home. I am a HI customer for life, no other can come close. Can't wait to do some chopping!!!

Good thing I wasn't here to see the Bowie, phew that was a close one.

Billy

18. J W Kilpatrick

J W Kilpatrick

Aug 11, 2001
    Email sent on the Cherokee Rose. What a great knife. This knife has finally become the favorite of all my blades. Chop, thrust, slash, whatever you want to do this knife does it all.
    J. W. Kilpatrick

19. Ad Astra

Ad Astra

Jul 30, 2004
    Dragon carved? Looks like...

Ad Astra

20. Svashtar

Svashtar

Dec 28, 2003
    I got a Rose very much like that in December, that was the first one with that style of carving. It really is a work of art. I have to say though that the carving on this one is a bit more unique with wonderful detail, but I'm not complaining. (-:

I had a nice satisal one with some tweaks to the handle that Yvsa himself hand sharpened for me at the SWKK, and I'll never part with that one, but this carved handle one was sweet. The carving actually feels great in the hand IMO.

Mine was this price without the stand, so that is a great deal for a lot of knife. The one I snagged was 20" even and 25 oz. from the 12/9 deals:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=377158&highlight=cherokee+rose

A Bura M43 is on my "someday" list. I have 3 by Kumar and 1 older one by Amtrak, but there's just something extra about Bura's work on this model. The handles are longer and the whole knife is curved more. Really nice snag for some lucky guy.

Norm