1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Deals for 2/3-- Pix, Liberty Series Knife, Ram K LMMB , Foxy Folly and Awesome buys

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Yangdu, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Yangdu

Yangdu himimp@aol.com Himalayan Imports-Owner Moderator

Apr 5, 2005
    image.jpg
    iphone 7 plus picture test
    17 1/8'' inch 25 ounce Liberty series Knife #2 by Kumar. Satisal wood handle. Usual fine work by Kumar. Add to your growing collection at $225. *SOLD*

[​IMG]

10 3/4 inch 18 ounce Ram Kumar Lahar beefy Bowie by Ram Lal. Horn handle. Another amazing work by talented young Kami! Add to your Bowie collection at $115. *SOLD*

[​IMG]

10 1/4 inch 9 ounce YCS Karda by Kumar. Satisal wood handle. $78.

16 inch 21 ounce lite and fast Foxy Folly by Lachhu. Everest region Lali gurash wood handle. Take this beauty home today at $129. *SOLD*

Email to himimp@aol.com to get any or both
    Having problem with photobucket and will post FF and YCS pix shortly 2-03-17 1.jpg

iPhone 7 picture test

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  2. Bigbore577

Bigbore577 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 15, 2006
    I like the RL IBBB but, I'm waiting on a skinny one.

3. RockFarm

RockFarm Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 27, 2008
    I would love a pic of that FF!

Sent from my STUDIO ENERGY 2 using Tapatalk

4. Bawanna

Bawanna Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Dec 19, 2012
    That's a big one BB. 11 incher. I admit I got excited at first myself.

For anyone that don't have one this is still a very handy size. I carried this size daily here at the office everyday before the IBBB's hit. I still have the sheath and have the urge to carry it now and then.

Serious business bowie and it looks like Ram Lal did and equally good job on it. I love the way he shapes the end of his tangs.
    Kind of pointed but not too pointed. Just classy to me eyes.

5. Bawanna

Dec 19, 2012
    I think this is it but I'll let Auntie confirm before you make a move. *SOLD*
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2017
  6. Bigbore577

Jun 15, 2006
    If that's the one, it's awesome and beautiful wood!

7. RockFarm

Mar 27, 2008
    Oh my....that's awesomeness!!! Be still my broke bank account :(

8. Bawanna

Dec 19, 2012
    I think the kami's made all # 2' Liberties just to drive ole bawanna to the rubber room. That one sure looks sweet.
    RockFarm if you break out your CC get it too and send it to me, would ya? If your getting it out might as well make it worth while?

9. RockFarm

Mar 27, 2008
    Will do, right now it's crying in the corner!

10. snowwolf

snowwolf Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 11, 2013
    Another plus for that Bowie is the no recurve on the edge. Makes it wet stone friendly for sharpening.

11. Steely_Gunz

Steely_Gunz Got the Khukuri fevah Moderator

May 9, 2002
    Oof...man I hate letting another L2 go by. Such a gorgeous blade.

12. cul4u01

cul4u01 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 5, 2012
    Oh Lord help me, another L-2?!

My wallet can't take another hit so soon, I'm going to sit in a corner and just cry and mope, it seems to work for my daughter, maybe my wife will feel sorry for me...:rolleyes:, doubt it though, she knows all my tricks by now...lol

13. moparsbob

moparsbob Basic Member Basic Member

May 6, 2014
    I just couldn't help myself...

EMS for L-2 by Kumar and 10 3/4" beefy bowie by Ram Lal

14. Bigbore577

Jun 15, 2006
    Great response, good luck Bob.

15. Yangdu

Yangdu himimp@aol.com Himalayan Imports-Owner Moderator

Apr 5, 2005
    Our new talented new Kami Ram Kumar Lahar as known as Ram Lal been making knife since 12 years age.
    He went to School for few years and after eight grade he quiet School and continue to make Khukuri with his family.
    He is 28 years old today makes outstanding knife!

Greetings from Ram Kumar Lahar

[​IMG]

16. cul4u01

cul4u01 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 5, 2012
    I must say, Ram Kumar Lahar is quite a talented kami, looking forward to seeing and acquiring more of his spectacular works.

17. Bawanna

Dec 19, 2012
    I'm sure it's his little bowie I'm wearing daily now days. The super thin one.

I think we still called him Ram Lal at that time but I recognize the butt of the big bowie listed here. Love the shape of it.

I love this man very much.

18. Howard Wallace

Howard Wallace . Moderator

Feb 23, 1999
    Glad to see the Liberty Series in production.

The top of the guard and the cho should be aligned on each of the liberty series knives. This is a design feature of particular use in fencing. See early posts on the LS for fuller explanation. The guard on this knife is too high.

19. ndoghouse

ndoghouse Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Yes its all your fault! Throw him to the floor sir? Yes Rather roughly! Now dont do it again!
    Im rather fond of that Dirk! Love to have one someday.

Welcome Kami Ram Kumar Lahar! Wow! Great to have a new young Kami! Peace and prosperity to you Ram Lal:thumbup:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  20. Howard Wallace

Howard Wallace . Moderator

Feb 23, 1999
    Thanks Ndog. I do believe my tone above was unduly petulant.

A hearty welcome to Ram Kumar. The knife above is a well crafted piece in its own right. The deep guard as crafted is well suited to trapping and binding. The cho is beautiful and artistic.

For Ram Kumar's future consideration, if the cho and the guard are aligned it can create "happy accidents" where an opponent's blade is directed into the cho. This gives powerful leverage for an opportunistic disarm or even a break. On this particular knife both the alignment of the guard and cho, and the overhanging lip on the blade side of the cho preclude such happy accidents.

On this knife, the probability of happy accidents could be increased by filing down the blade side lip of the cho, but this would come at the expense of reducing the beauty of the cho. I wouldn't recommend filing down the guard on this knife. The inward turn at the ends and the depth make it an excellent trapping guard as it is. Filing it down, while it would increase the probability of happy accidents, would loose a lot of trapping effectiveness. Overall, it would be a net loss. If the cho were higher and aligned the guard would have full trapping effectiveness and also facilitate happy accidents.