Deals for 7/8--Pix ASTK, Bag marne churi and beautiful offerings

Yangdu

Himalayan Imports Owner ~ himimp@aol.com
17 inch 29 ounce Amar Singh Thapa Knife by Kumar. Neem wood handle. Leather sheath. Knife with a great history and story at $175. *SOLD*

dy2x2Ib.jpg

QoFJ0vZ.jpg

13 inch 13 ounce Bagh Marne Churi (Tiger killer Knife) by Kumar. Horn handle. Leather sheath. $95.

PmQNtfc.jpg

3OmpHzy.jpg

27 inch 26 ounce Wajaski Sword by Kumar. Neem wood handle. Leather sheath. Usual superb work by Kumar. $175. *SOLD*

a669Ogs.jpg

HgSVLNe.jpg

dZ1Wfgf.jpg

NVBo0rg.mp4

L to r

13 inch 12 ounce Hasiya by Kumar. Carved satisal wood handle. $49.

16 inch 17 ounce Tamang Knife by Kumar. Neem wood handle. Take this beauty home today at $100 even. *SOLD*

12 inch 13 ounce Pen Knife by Kumar. Horn handle. Steal at $100 even.

k3LYz9a.jpg

Email to himimp@aol.com to order any or all
First come firs served

Last edited:
HI hat with brass cross Khukuri pin at $15. *SOLD*

GXXW25j.jpg

Last edited:
4AK8bU1.jpg

HI hat with brass cross khukiri pin at $15

o16jcOC.jpg

A lot of good deals here. Especially that Tiger Killer and Pen Knife. Unique handle on the Tiger Killer. Those Pen knives are kinda like a big knife stuck in a little knife's body. Versatile little things.

That Tiger Killer Knife is nice, but I'd still put my money on the tiger.

I agree with Eric about the Pen Knife. The blade is relatively short, but very hefty.

Email sent on: 17 inch 29 ounce Amar Singh Thapa Knife by Kumar. Neem wood handle. Leather sheath. Knife with a great history and story at $175.
-confirmed-

I can't tell you how excited I am to get this beautiful blade! I had wanted an AST with one of the beautiful figured paler woods and this popped up. Of all the patterns and variants, the AST is about as good as it gets for me. As beautiful as this one is, it won't be a safe queen, it will be coming on canoe camping and Bushcrafting trips year round (well, the canoe gets replaced with a pulk sled in the winter, but you get the idea).

Thank you to Aunty for treating me well, and having just the right blade at the right time!

Now, back to my Happy-happy, joy-joy dancing around the house...

Got the ASTK, safe and sound! It's a beautiful blade, particularly the wood. The handle with the moderate drop at the pommel is really comfortable, and sized just right. The ring falls right between my middle and third finger. This is the beefiest full tang on a kukri I have seen and I suspect it makes the knife livelier in the hand by bringing the pivot point or center of balance back towards the hand. It feels like a chopper, but it doesn't feel so blade heavy that cutting/slicing/more controlled work would feel awkward or tiring. I did a little work on the Karda, and it quickly took a shaving sharp edge. If it is too soft an edge and dulls quickly, I have some Scandinavian blade blanks that I will make a handle for using the Karda as the template.

I have not taken it very far, just in the back acre to clear some vines and brambles and limb some white ash and spruce that came down in the past winter's storms. I did some splitting and battoning as well. I try and keep my cutting tools covered in a coat of FluidFilm to prevent corrosion, but it also seems to reduce scratching too. A good cleaning of the blade when I was done and it still looks unused. The toughest thing I used it on would have been the knotty sections of the white ash. Taking finger sized limbs off the main trunk with an 18" machete left the blade with a lot of rolls and waves in the edge, but the ASTK took zero damage or deformation even when chopping through 2-1/2 to 3" limbs flush with the trunk.

The last task I used it on was to rough out a spoon, a set of tongs, and a spatula from pieces of white ash. The ASTK worked very well in the role of a substitute carving axe. The wood was still fairly green for the pieces I chose, though being Ash, it was still very tough.

I could not be more pleased with the ASTK. It's comfortable, capable, and a real looker! I will be drilling a hole in the handles of the Karda and Chackmak, not to add a lanyard, but to add a retention loop. Just a loop of #36 tarred bankline that goes through the belt loop of the sheath behind each tool. The loop gets pushed through the hole, then folded back over top of the end of the handle so the tool won't get lost should it get loose. I got the idea from a Puma White Hunter and use it as a way of retaining tools in a tool roll, ferocerium rods, kuksa cups to my belt, etc.

You got a really good deal right there. I'm happy you like it. Sounds like you and that khukuri are going to have a lot of fun times ahead of you.

Back