Deals for 8/5 -- Pix, Thamar Yek Chirra Knives and Awesome Buy

Umi

Seeing he has the second finest Thamar Curved Spine in the whole wide world (I have the first)

PS- He is 100% spot on in that you don't pick the kukri, the kukri picks you. I know #4 picked me but we'll see who's house it ends up at.

I have been searching out my adoptions, and stumbled upon this. Could you please show us the best curved Thamar spine, Mr Bawanna, sir.

I have been searching out my adoptions, and stumbled upon this. Could you please show us the best curved Thamar spine, Mr Bawanna, sir.
I think Bookie has the goodest one. That may be debatable tho.

While Bookie and Bawanna debate who has the goodest and bestest Thamar curve spine, I have the firstest, from 8/6/14, shown in this post:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...e-Spine-Khukuri-for-8-6?highlight=Curve+Spine

And I think that this is the only one that Thamar has made that doesn't have a chiruwa handle!

Its funny how we have the exact same taste in both firearms and kukris. I have a Thamar curved spine with a traditional handle too. I thought I was the only one. I still think Bookie has the best one :D

19 inch 27 ounce curve spine Khukuri by Thamar. Satisal wood handle

2-27-15%20001_zpsvpo1as4u.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

moparsbob

Gold Member
Its funny how we have the exact same taste in both firearms and kukris. I have a Thamar curved spine with a traditional handle too. I thought I was the only one. I still think Bookie has the best one :D

19 inch 27 ounce curve spine Khukuri by Thamar. Satisal wood handle

2-27-15%20001_zpsvpo1as4u.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hi G.B., Yes, we do seem to have very similar tastes in blades and firearms :D. I didn't remember another traditional-handled Thamar curve spine being posted on a DOTD, and thought mine was the only one, but obviously there are at least two. Mine is 19 inches and 29 ounces, with a 5/16" spine. I wonder if there might be a third...

None of that really matters when ya have the first Samsher, the first Yek Chirra, and a Dogo with a curved spine to guard them:D

1a0b166cb18d9ecf421091ef0d2a8e8d

None of that really matters when ya have the first Samsher, the first Yek Chirra, and a Dogo with a curved spine to guard them:D

1a0b166cb18d9ecf421091ef0d2a8e8d

The firsts are always the best. I have the very first piece Purna ever made for HI. Its a perfect Yek Chirra... I mean perfect. I think you are the one who named it the "lightsaber". Its still one of my favorite if not the best kukri I own.

Bawanna

Just to give closure to all this guess and by golly talk, I give you the guddest curved spine known to man.

B'man, that certainly is a beauty!:thumbup: Sexy curves and I'm not speaking of the backdrop in the last picture but, the same would apply there as well. Great job of subliminal messaging!:cool:

None of that really matters when ya have...the first Yek Chirra, ...
Oooops...I stand corrected. I do believe Mbob had the first Yek. I fergit I called Aunti Y and asked if she had another so that dont count. Your no.1 Mbob! I stealth sharked mine so that dont count;)

Umi

Wow! I gotsta have one of those! Heavy, long, straight handle, and curve. I love the shot with your guard dog. Stunning