Deals on SwissTool and SwissChamp: can I pass these up?

Okay, here is my predicament. I go to West Point, and will be graduating in 80 days. Yes, I sure as hell am counting. One of the priveleges of going here is use of the C-store, a store that sells consumer products at wholesale prices. They don't have a huge selection of knives, but they do have fantastic deals on the SwissTool and SwissChamp. They are roughly $42 each, no tax, no shipping.

Now, I already own a few Swiss Army Knives, but nothing as "serious" as a SwissChamp. I also own a SOG PowerPlier, which has served as my main multi-tool for three years. I guess my question is, how do I justify these to myself besides simple pride of ownership?

They're great knives...that's how you justify it! You can't afford NOT to....
Once you get that Swisstool into service, you'll be impressed. I had a powerplier too, but the swisstool is far superior...

I bought the SwissChamp today. It turns out they ahve replaced the shiny SwiisChamp with the matte black one, whch is more "tactical," but that they now want $60 for it. At that price, I'll wait and buy one offline.

The SwissChamp s awesome, though, and I will definitely be adding it to my car emergency kit. Now I will have a hard time justifying any more Swiss Army Knives... oh well, I guess I'll just have to stop asking myself for justification.

You can never have too many SAKs. ;) I bought my first SAK about 25 years ago. Since then I have tried some of the best production knives to be had. I keep coming back to Victorinox.

Paul

Thats a good price on the SwissTool. You should get a lot of use out of it if your going out on the line. I've carried one for a few years and it is without a doubt the best multi-tool I've used. In fact most of the guys in my unit have gone over to them.

Back