Off Topic Decision Time

Get Ur Grail lol worst case scenario you won't shoot it, and sell it for profit few years down the road (or at least will get your $$ back)

If it’s a grail, buy it.

I have yet to be fulfilled finding my grail, it’s just a pit stop till the next one.

“MikeH”

I hope your holding your new rifle :) I say go for it !!!!!
As for the range and target thing. Plenty of good people out there to help. If I’m at the range, I’ve never not lent a hand to others.

Hey Mike—

I’m thinking you got it and are waiting to post until you can take a pic with optics installed. How’m I doin’ so far?:D

BTW, if you don’t want to mess with posting a pic, I’ll be happy to post it for you.

Last edited:
I pondered this for several days, had about talked myself out of it. I went back today and they still had it. I also had my wife with me, and took her in to see it.
She made the only comment she knows how to make about a gun - (It's pretty). Then this woman proved once again how well I'd married when she said "get it, before you're too old to enjoy it." So I did, and with a $500 discount off MSRP.

Don't have pictures yet, but here's a link.

http://www.winchesterguns.com/produ...high-wall-hunter-high-grade-65-Creedmoor.html

It's hard to believe that this thing weighs 8-1/2 pounds, it fells so light and lively, and points like a fine shotgun. Has a magnificent trigger also. I have wanted a single shot rifle for quite a while, and 6.5 Creedmoor is a caliber I can still shoot.

It is almost a shame to spoil these lines with a scope, and I am really considering having iron sights with a folding tang rear installed instead. Only by a really good gunsmith though.

I am elated.

Very nice! The single shot rifle bug has a very powerful bite. Only holds one shell and it is still the most expensive gun I've ever bought. Lol!
20170225_154402_zpsczkdct0q_edit_1489520152318.jpg

Mike,

I'm glad it worked out for you, and it sounds like at a good price too! I'm sure you will enjoy it! :cool:

By the way, your wife is a keeper and then some, but you already know that. :)

On paper that caliber looks like it was dialed in for deer.:thumbsup: (or “targets of opportunity” :D). Obviously a 28” barrel will squeeze every last bit of performance out of it. Honey of a rifle.:cool:

Maybe go the other way and put a monster piece of high-quality glass on it? Might just look mean with a long, sleek scope riding on top (in a good way;)).

Or a vintage design like Montana Vintage Arms?

Last edited:
That is Fine single shot rifle...A high Wall 1885 would look Sweet with a William Malcolm reproduction scope. I think Hi-Lux is offering them now for a little less than Montana Vintage Arms.....William Malcolm was the First builder of scopes back in the late 1800's and some of those oldies pop up occasionally.

Congratulations on a Very COOL Score:cool::cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Very nice !!!! Congrats on your new rifle

Nicely done sir , what a beautiful gun ! I love the simple lines and the basic simplicity of the gun over all , not bulky or clumsy like an AR-15 but a more elegant weapon for a more civilized time!!

Back