decisions, decisions

decided to buy myself a new knife for christmas, cant decide between a:

*BM skirmish (wish it was tip down), or a

*Spyderco Ti ATR ....... gotta have the Ti for sure

of the 2 which one would ya get/why??

i know they are both excellent, really hard to decide

thanks,

greg

I am currently EDC-ing an ATR and it is proving to be a superb choice. The 630 is also a great knife but is just a little too big for every day carry [for me].

The ATR rides nice in the pocket, is scapel-scary sharp, and is the perfect size to handle everything a knife should [for me].

The ATR locks up like a vault and it's workmanship is superb.......

What is the basis of your decision? Blade material or did you just narrow it down to two top makers?

BM 630. It is big as wm said. It also rides very flat in the pocket for such a large knife and you soon forget you have it in there. Blade steel, S30V, is done real well and has and takes a super edge.

I'd prefer the BM 630, myself. Although the Compression lock is pretty cool, it isn't as functional in my hands. I also dislike the extra handle length, compared to the blade. Just not an optimum ratio, IMHO. I love the shape of the BM 630! It's just sexy! The blade on the ATR is very unatractive to me.

The only thing that would cause me to sway toward the ATR is the tip-up carry, vs. the tip-down of the 630. That's something I can deal with, though, and I'd be willing to have someone switch it on the 630.

DD

picked these 2 because imho they are 2 of the top knives available now that fit my needs, hard to decide between the 2, one day i lean towards the ATR, the next to the skirmish, i'll prob end up with both lol.

Back