Deep bronze/purple anodize pics

Mine was out for about 10 days when I had it done, but part of that time Rob and Rick were at some sort of class. It was a LONG 10 days without the knife but well worth it.

Any more pics, my 3" is off becoming a Bronze Adonis this week. Thank God I have 2 XM's!

Yep, I know the feeling! I had other XMs but only the one Wharnie I sent off for bronzing - still felt like I was missing something. Round trip from AK to OH and back was only 7 days, so that eased the pain a bit..

I know the feeling, when I had my 2 24s done, I had to send my first and only 2 XMs to the ranch...boy was I jonesin!! BUT...luckily the RHK boys got that ano done the DAY they recieved my knives...some incredible stuff. I think I only went 7 days round trip, they just so happen to be able to sneak them to the tech who was juuuuust about to ano a batch...so like everyone says, its all about timing. I had a great exp. Rob sent me pics later that day after they recieved them, he was like "if yours were done already, theyd look like this.." thought he was joking...but those were my 2 XMs shinin! same day! thanks again fellas! I must add, I straight ABUSE my bronze 24 that I EDC...I NEVER thought the ano would hold up like this. flawless, infact it looks better as it "ages" ...not like CRK ano wearing off the thumbstud after a week, not like that at all with RHK! ;):D:D

Untitled by cooldaddyfunk286, on Flickr

Last edited:
I know the feeling, when I had my 2 24s done, I had to send my first and only 2 XMs to the ranch...boy was I jonesin!! BUT...luckily the RHK boys got that ano done the DAY they recieved my knives...some incredible stuff. I think I only went 7 days round trip, they just so happen to be able to sneak them to the tech who was juuuuust about to ano a batch...so like everyone says, its all about timing. I had a great exp. Rob sent me pics later that day after they recieved them, he was like "if yours were done already, theyd look like this.." thought he was joking...but those were my 2 XMs shinin! same day! thanks again fellas! I must add, I straight ABUSE my bronze 24 that I EDC...I NEVER thought the ano would hold up like this. flawless, infact it looks better as it "ages" ...not like CRK ano wearing off the thumbstud after a week, not like that at all with RHK! ;):D:D

Is that a dark green scale?? I have one coming with a dark green scale and that looks awesome with the bronze!!

Awesome pic cooldaddy. Got a dark green scale coming for the wharnie. Seriously considering sending it in for anodizing. Think those pics pushed me over the edge.

From what I understand when they are not swamped they will fit you in but you need to schedule it with Rob O first. Id write Rob if you are interested and see what he has to say about it. :)

You're right Prelude92. The sticky was updated on 10/20.

I guess if you want it done you'll have to go to Services and choose one

^ Id be real careful with that. Mods like that will void your warranty if they aren't done at the ranch.

I'll just email Rob and see about getting mine done. Never hurts to ask. Worst he can say is no and then I will know.

Yeah, I think I'm going to message/email him about that as well. I just saw that a few days ago. Like you said though dave, I'm grateful for all these new accessories coming out!

Anodizing used to be pretty special showing up mostly only on customs and show/lottery knives.

I sent an email, so we will see. Maybe I should have offered some old scotch or some other form of bribery.

As said before, email Rob. This just came back from the shop, had to wait several months for them to fit me in.

Rob responded first thing this morning and said that anodizing is NOT offered anymore as a send in service. I'll just keep adding the goodies as they come out.

Ah, bummer. Knew I should have had one ano'd blue when I had the chance.

Back