'Deep Carry' clip for Sebenza … ?

Ed G

Gold Member
Hey folks, relatively new to CR Knives, I only own one (Small Classic Sebenza), and I would really like the option of carrying my Sebenza(s) clipped inside front pocket. However, I far prefer deep carry, such that all that shows is the top (bend) of the clip …

A gentleman on BF has a little operation where he offers 'deep carry' clips for some of the more popular knives (i.e. Spyderco PM2, BM Griptilian, Kershaw Leek, etc.) but I have asked, and alas the Sebenza is not on that list. Nor does he know of anyone who makes or modifies a clip to deep carry them.

So I come to you fine folks, the wizened ones, the brain trust, those in the know … how can I get a deep carry clip made or modified for my Sebenzas? I would like to have this done for at least one Small and one Large Sebenza. (Don't own the Large yet).

Any information or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

~ Edge

These threads about deep carry clips come up every so often. They go on for a page or two over course of a month then die. They get resurrected every few months after they appear, usually with the obligatory "any new info?" and "subscribed" posts. They then die again for a year or two to arise for a post or two when someone new stumbles across them. In the thread, some folks will post photos of clips they already own. Occasionally someone posts "PM me for info" or someone will post a link to some knife maker who made them a while back. In the end, no one ever winds up with a new clip other than perhaps someone who buys a clip off someone else who already had one.

Good luck!

What about removing the clip and making a longer lanyard with a monkey fist or something on the end to hang pi of your pocket?

These threads about deep carry clips come up every so often. They go on for a page or two over course of a month then die. They get resurrected every few months after they appear, usually with the obligatory "any new info?" and "subscribed" posts. They then die again for a year or two to arise for a post or two when someone new stumbles across them. In the thread, some folks will post photos of clips they already own. Occasionally someone posts "PM me for info" or someone will post a link to some knife maker who made them a while back. In the end, no one ever winds up with a new clip other than perhaps someone who buys a clip off someone else who already had one.

Good luck!

Hmmm ... discouraging to hear, but I do appreciate the insight.

What about removing the clip and making a longer lanyard with a monkey fist or something on the end to hang pi of your pocket?

That's a thought, not sure though - need to 'chew' on that a bit … thanks.

~ Edge

Not many people make them from scratch as they are a bit of a PITA to make given it's just a pocket clip. I made some in the past and promised to make more but have never done it. :eek: .....that said, the easiest way I have found is to just make them from original CRK clips. ;):thumbup:

I may have found a solution or two that will work, but I'm still waiting on them. I'll let you know in a week or two.

I did try making one myself, worked alright but couldn't get the recess part down.

Not many people make them from scratch as they are a bit of a PITA to make given it's just a pocket clip. I made some in the past and promised to make more but have never done it. :eek: .....that said, the easiest way I have found is to just make them from original CRK clips. ;):thumbup:

Yep, that was the way I was leaning. Thanks.

I may have found a solution or two that will work, but I'm still waiting on them. I'll let you know in a week or two.

I did try making one myself, worked alright but couldn't get the recess part down.

Look forward to seeing what you come up with …

Cool! I do have a couple Spyderco wire clips around - for now, this looks like my short term solution. I will probably still try to work out or find a more "sebenza-like" version. Thanks to all for the great responses.

~ Edge

These threads about deep carry clips come up every so often. . . In the end, no one ever winds up with a new clip other than perhaps someone who buys a clip off someone else who already had one.

Good luck!

What XJ-linux says is exactly what transpired with my clip:
photo (1).jpg
Somebody on this forum was selling a small Sebby with the clip attached and I begged him to separate it for me and then I offered to pay $60 for it because I wanted it so badly. He told me that the clip was a one-off made by a friend of his and that was why he had it. I contacted about six pimpers and other guys before getting lucky enough to come across this. I will add that even though it is titanium it is a compromise because it doesn't fit in the clip cut-out with the CRK standard of fit. But the knife is a user, so I have no real problem with that.

Back