1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deep pocket carry flipper - Honey Badger

Discussion in 'Knife Reviews & Testing' started by streak, May 14, 2018.

1. streak

streak

Dec 30, 2002
    Due to a hand injury I struggle a bit to use thumb opening knives so wanted an easy opening flipper that would not cost too much. I bought one of these some time ago, directly from South Africa and have EDC'd it for a number of months. Now that I see that they are available in the USA I did a quick video review. The review talks mainly about the features. From an ownership point of view it has stood up to all that I have thrown at it. I liked the large black one in the review so much that I recently bought the medium tan one that you will also see in the video.

J D Wijbenga likes this.
  2. Hackenslash

Hackenslash Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Your review made me decide to pick up a Honey Badger Flipper in medium. For the most part its an impressive knife for the price. I'll take a dremel to the sharp edge that can bite your finger in the forward choil but beyond that it's good to go and a solid option for someone with $20-30 to spend on a knife.

3. streak

streak

Dec 30, 2002
    Enjoy. I have not found the choil sharp edge a problem but do see what you mean. I recently got into free hand sharpening instead of using my sharpmaker for a change. I got the blade shaving sharp and so far the edge is holding up nicely. I did this fun photo yesterday along side my Zebralight to have a Zebra and a Honey Badger together!!

[​IMG]