Definition of User knife right here

Discussion in 'STR's Backyard KnifeWorks' started by STR, Sep 4, 2007.

1. STR

STR Knifemaker/Moderator Moderator

Aug 27, 2004
    Now this Spyderco Pacific Salt is what I call an everyday beater. I bet this knife could tell some stories if it could talk!

Honestly it looks like hell and is quite pocket worn showing all the classic signs of a user! But it still functions flawlessly and locks up solid. Its here for a Wave. When it rains it pours. Its funny when I was on the phone yesterday with someone I had just said that I have not done any Waves in a while but that they come to me in "waves", pun intended. Sure enough when the mail arrived today I got three different ones to do. Funny how this happens really.

STR

2. STR

Aug 27, 2004
    Funny. You know I thought this stuff all over the handles was that foam insulation stuff or something of that nature. Turns out as I walked into the kitchen playing with it after Waving it I noticed with the lights out that its glow in the dark material. Pretty neat actually because it looks better in the dark than the daylight.

Anyway, this one is done. Hard to tell actually how it will be on the pocket with no clip on it but I'm sure it will be fine.

STR

3. Bungwrench

Bungwrench Banned by Moderators Banned

Dec 21, 2006
    That's funny Steve. I thought it got dropped in a bucket of white paint or something. It seems that it was done deliberately now. :D

4. tgiannes

tgiannes

Apr 2, 2007
    ehh i know its ugly but it glows Bright at night so when im night fishing it works great. Also the Wave works perfect thanks ALOT.

5. sixstrings101

sixstrings101

Jan 2, 2007
    what is the florescent paint you used?

6. davis61381

davis61381

Feb 2, 2007
  7. STR

Aug 27, 2004
    Got any pics? Theo's was kind of a mess (no offense Theo) until it got dark and then it looked quite nice actually.

STR