DEK1

I've owned 6 or 7 models and UF is...was...i don't know anymore... my favourite. But I think I agree with you. The size of the Dek is just perfect for me and also discrete and carries so well. It also is an attractive piece visually.
Not to mention the ergos, they are literally the best i've ever had.

I love my UF and I want a DEF, but the blade is too long for me to wear in normal things like driving and stuff. Since I'm disabled I don't hunt anymore. If I was hunting, I would have my UF and DEK1 on me. Can't wait to get some photos of my son field dressing a wild boar or something with his DEK1.

Last edited:
hyv9sWI.jpg
My boy Don Carlos showed up just in time for the weekend

This knife kinda talks to you.....

The handle looks Amazing. It says, Use Me.

I don't have one yet.....perhaps one day.

I have a question.... Are there any owners out here that Hate thumb ramps.

But they bought the knife anyways....maybe with the intent to grind it off???

That's the First thing I see and think of for it.
Did owning the knife change Your mind?
Thanks.

Crag the Brewer Crag the Brewer I like the ramp.
I think that Loren designed it in such a way, that is really not obtrusive. It's there, but it's really not that abrupt.
For example (I don't have UF), Utility Fighter has a much more pronounced ramp (steeper) and that could be an issue to some ppl.

One issue, if you have bigger hands, or fatter fangers, your thumb could extend past the ramp and it will poking you in the meat of your thumb.
As for grinding it away....it could be done with proper equipment.

Thanks.
the thumb ramp is intrinsic to the design, so removing it would be handicapping the utility of the knife. There are features, or characteristics, that fall into general categories and as someone who has had to face his prejudices multiple times when it comes to specific feature types, my advice to you is to keep an open mind until you actually are able to test/handle a knife for yourself. Now, I understand that you're asking a question to help gain insight into this so don't take this as me telling anyone what to do.

Thanks.

I love it! I think that Lorien & Nathan have created the perfect EDC fixed blade. I'll die before I sell my DEK1. Buy one and try it out. If you don't love it you'll probably have no problem reselling it.

Back