[delete]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The wear on the blade tang isnt unexpected of course. No lock stick after cleaning. I think it held up well. Of course I’d rather of done this disengaged, but the blade is too small to baton and have it disengaged for the wood I was chopping.

You can’t feel the wear when locking and unlocking, it might have some effect, but I wouldn’t know it. Maybe 5 years off a knife that will last 500 years or something. Pretty impressed by the result. I thought I was going to have to use the CRK warranty.

Just wanted to see if the harder Magnacut steel would break, I know notyouraverageedc did this with a small 31 drop point in S45VN and it worked fine. The Magnacut is run harder, but it's supposed to be tougher so I just wanted to see how it held up doing something like this.

More than anything though, it's my weekend, it's cold outside, and I'm bored.

Don't have any bricks handy?
I don't get this stuff for free so I won't be doing stuff like Dutch Bushcraft Knives lol. I at least knew that the Magnacut had a pretty good chance against wood in my mind. A brick, well I guess I could do it if I wanted to see how easy it is to completely reprofile a Magnacut edge...

Good to know there is a line at least. What's the real difference abuse is abuse right?

If I want to hammer nails with a spoon or pick apples with a shotgun who's to say otherwise? Bet those would be popular on social media too...

Since you're into that sorta thing why not similarly abuse a small 31 insingo in S35 and compare the results? Watching your video was genuinely uncomfortable, but it's mid-week for me and warm outside...

Since you're into that sorta thing why not similarly abuse a small 31 insingo in S35 and compare the results? Watching your video was genuinely uncomfortable, but it's mid-week for me and warm outside...
Well I would but I need to stop buying knives for a bit before my next purchase. I do like the small sebenza so I will probably end up with some in all the blade shapes, and maybe even a 21 if I can get lucky. For now though, I'm buying a house this year so knives will have to wait. Also, uncomfortable how? Just because it's obviously not the right usage for the knife? Or it could be the lighting, it is a bit dark in the video lol. Either way sorry, didn't mean to have the video be uncomfortable.

It's like getting a brand new sportscar and filming yourself shredding the clutch trying to tow with it.
Oh, well yeah I mean that is kind of in the title isn't it? I guess people can't look away, kind of like watching a car crash. For me it was just fun because it's always been a curiosity of mine if it could do it. Should it do it? Hell no, I mean this is obviously not the way to use this. Is it bad for the knife? Well, yeah that's a given. I do like watching it as well, so maybe in a way it's my giving back. I'm not sure if you remember this old video.

Well I would but I need to stop buying knives for a bit before my next purchase. I do like the small sebenza so I will probably end up with some in all the blade shapes, and maybe even a 21 if I can get lucky. For now though, I'm buying a house this year so knives will have to wait. Also, uncomfortable how? Just because it's obviously not the right usage for the knife? Or it could be the lighting, it is a bit dark in the video lol. Either way sorry, didn't mean to have the video be uncomfortable.
Uncomfy in that sort of queasy, perplexed way. Maybe because I was in the process of sharpening my large inkosi insingo in S35 so I can whittle hair. Boredom gives rise to a variety of behaviors I suppose.

Uncomfy in that sort of queasy, perplexed way. Maybe because I was in the process of sharpening my large inkosi insingo in S35 so I can whittle hair. Boredom gives rise to a variety of behaviors I suppose.
Ah, well sorry. Didn't mean to make anyone feel queasy by this. Just wanted to entertain a bit I guess. If it makes you feel better the sebenza is completely fine outside of the wear on the back of the blade tang, but it isn't noticeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back