1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Delica

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by buckeyejake, Jul 14, 2019.

1. buckeyejake

buckeyejake

Dec 28, 2013
    I just picked up a green delica for my grandsons 9th birthday. Its a much better knife than i thought.
    He loves my manix2 in red g10. Main use will be scouts and fishing . The look on his face was worth a 1000 dollars . I now know why the delica is so popular. Just about right for an edc .

Jake

2. jacksterp

jacksterp Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 3, 2011
    A very lucky young lad!

GeofS likes this.
  3. Dallas T

Dallas T Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Went on a double location vacation recently one of which was Gatlinburg where smoky mtn knife works is,(biggest knife store). And we didn’t get to go by there and my boy was crushed, so I gave him an orange delica i had and he jaw dropped like it was grail! Lol

4. buckeyejake

buckeyejake

Dec 28, 2013
    That makes me smile! They remember those things for ever .

Jake

5. Dallas T

Dallas T Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 6, 2013
    It even had a deep carry titanium Lynch on it, he hasn’t let it out of his sight since. Makes me smile too!

6. Cowboyfromhell666

Cowboyfromhell666

May 13, 2019
    I just picked up an Orange delica...very nice carry knife indeed.

buckeyejake likes this.
  7. Halfneck

Halfneck Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 30, 2005
    I've owned a Delica since the original. Carried one as an EMT, Army Medic, and Med Asst. It's never let me down. Great knife for a young Scout.

And just a heads up, if your son makes Eagle Scout contact Spyderco and he will get a Spyderco Native with "Congratulations" etched on the blade & a letter from Sal Glesser. My oldest son earned his Eagle a few months back & got his.

8. BladeScout

BladeScout Basic Member Basic Member

May 16, 2010
    Nice gesture, OP.
    The Delica is a great knife.

buckeyejake and Dallas T like this.
  9. DocT

DocT

Mar 25, 2012
    The Delica is my favorite knife in this size range by any maker.

buckeyejake likes this.