1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Delicious food thread!

Discussion in 'JK Handmade Knives' started by grunt soldier, Jul 25, 2017.

1. grunt soldier

grunt soldier Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 4, 2009
    Couldn't find the old one. So starting a new one. Post pics of your favorite foods you cook and recipes if you want!

Brisket today was amazing. Well worth the time. Burnt ends came out top notch. Could have sat in the heat to caramelized a bit more but they were all gone so must not have been an issue.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

mqqn and Wurrwulf like this.
  2. grunt soldier

Dec 4, 2009
    And on to next delicious treat being smoked. Bacon wrapped pork loin. Used natural honey as the binder for my rub instead of mustard. Hopefully it will add a nice under tone. And my little buddy helped the whole time. Pics tonight after it's finished. Basket weaves the bacon for optimal moistness lol. Going to glaze with a home made makers Mark bbq sauce the last 30 mins.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

YoungCurmudgeon and Wurrwulf like this.
  3. grunt soldier

Dec 4, 2009
    Took longer than I thought. I wasn't paying attention thought I had a 4lb loin but really had a 6lb. Either way it was juicy and silly delicious.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

mqqn, glennbad and Wurrwulf like this.
  4. grunt soldier

Dec 4, 2009
    Some bacon, bacon wrapped brats, bacon wrapped 4 pepper bbq basted sausages. Absolutely delicious.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

mqqn and Wurrwulf like this.
  5. Sturubu

Sturubu Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 16, 2010
    Man that loin looks good, and your helper looks proud! How long did you smoke, and at what temperature? I may just need to smoke some stuff this weekend after looking at these pics...

6. grunt soldier

Dec 4, 2009
    I smoked 1 hour at 180 degrees for good smoke. Then 3 hours at 225. Last hour I was rushing since I misread the loin size at for instead of the 6 it really was. So I cranked it up to about 285 which helped crisp the bacon and set the glaze. Glaze was a custom home brew using makers Mark. I posted the recipe a while back for in a recipe thread we had that I can't find lol. Think it was a contest thread maybe.

7. grunt soldier

Dec 4, 2009
    And when I don't have the time for the smoker I go with some spicy Cuban pork!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

mqqn and Kalibr906 like this.
  8. mqqn

mqqn Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2009
  9. grunt soldier

Dec 4, 2009
    Man I haven't made that in probably a year or more. I'll have to dig through the recipe book to see if I can find it. Might try it with smoked shoulder this time

10. mqqn

Nov 12, 2009
    Kalibr906 likes this.
  11. 3fifty7

3fifty7 Gold Member Basic Member Gold Member

Dec 24, 2016
    I don't do recipes, I just cook.(Really explains why I can't bake desserts worth a darn)

Bone marrow seasoned with sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and celery salt. Flambe with brandy and finished with a touch of cream, served with toasted French bread.

IMG_3945.JPG
    IMG_3952.jpg
    IMG_3950.JPG

Wurrwulf, glennbad and mqqn like this.
  12. 3fifty7

Dec 24, 2016
    Slow roasted and crisped pork shank with savory grits and sweet potato.

IMG_3915.JPG

grunt soldier and mqqn like this.
  13. grunt soldier

Dec 4, 2009
    See you sir are more like a chef. I have never even attempted anything like this. You got the presentation and everything down. Well done sir.

14. 3fifty7

Dec 24, 2016
    New York strip roast salt crusted and oven roasted. I over cooked a little for my liking but it was still pretty solid.
    IMG_1029.JPG
    IMG_1031.JPG
    IMG_1034.JPG
    IMG_1038.JPG

Fresh Gulf shrimp 15 count.
    New Orleans style BBQ
    IMG_2948.JPG

glennbad and Wurrwulf like this.
  15. 3fifty7

Dec 24, 2016
    Thanks, but Im just a fat guy from Louisiana who likes to eat and likes to cook.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    Wurrwulf likes this.
  16. greatscoot

greatscoot Atari's Lantern Platinum Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Had to get a mop and bucket to clean up all the drool. :eek:

17. Wurrwulf

Wurrwulf

Dec 3, 2015
    As a guy from Louisiana, allow me to pass on a little advice to non-Louisianians: if a fat guy from Louisiana offers to cook, YOU ACCEPT. Do whatever you have to in order to make it happen.

Rock on, brother. You're killing it.

mqqn and 3fifty7 like this.
  18. grunt soldier

Dec 4, 2009
    Did 3 racks of ribs last night. Didn't get pics of the finished product quick enough lol. They got demolished pretty quick lol. I did one rack with makers Mark bbq. One rack with my version of Carolina gold sauce. And one just dry rub.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3fifty7 and Wurrwulf like this.
  19. mqqn

Nov 12, 2009
    Gathering at Grunt's House!!

Let us know when, sir!

best

mqqn

Wurrwulf likes this.
  20. grunt soldier

Dec 4, 2009
    Lol I do have another 3 racks on the grill already. Taking it over to moms for a family get together. Hopefully I get some pics of the finished product this time lol