Delivery time

How long would it normally take for a kukuri to arrive?

I ordered my first in early October, havent heard anything since.

I live in Sweden so a longer than normal time is to be expected but how long does it take for one to arrive in the US?

In the USA, usually about 4-6 days depending.
Internationally, depending on your countries custom practices, I've seen packages take up to a month to arrive at the customers door.
If you haven't received your package yet, you should be contacting Auntie Yangdu first so that she can see what is up with the shipment.

I work at a shipping company (we handle USPS international). I wouldn't expect it for at least a good month and a half from the order date. Its the holidays in the united states. EVERYTHING is going to take much longer than usual this time of year to ship. We call it "peak season" where i work. I'm on day six waiting for my m43. ..oh the anticipation.

Email me your order number and I will check my shipping record, sidelock

well, day 6 came and went. My order didn't come and thanksgiving is tomarrow ...i hope i don't have to wait another weekend.

I never got an order number, just an email from Yangdu thanking me for the order, that the blade will ship as soon as it arrives from Nepal and saying that i need to pay for international shipping aswell.

I have payed for both the knife and the shipping and that money has been drawn from my account, but no additional email with an order number.

However, Im sure that if you have a look you can find an order for a horn handle Chiruwa Ang Khola to Sweden.

Note that Im not angry, anyone can fall victim to a computer hangup.

Yangdu ships from Reno, Nevada, U.S. However, it appears that in this case there is additional wait time for the blade to get from Nepal to Reno. This is less definite, as shipments from Nepal to Reno come in batches.

It's possible that your order has not yet arrived in Reno, or that it arrived in Reno only recently. It might help if you can remind Yangdu of the date (or approximate date) of your order (or her email to you).

I never got an order number, just an email from Yangdu thanking me for the order, that the blade will ship as soon as it arrives from Nepal and saying that i need to pay for international shipping aswell.

I have payed for both the knife and the shipping and that money has been drawn from my account, but no additional email with an order number.

However, Im sure that if you have a look you can find an order for a horn handle Chiruwa Ang Khola to Sweden.

Note that Im not angry, anyone can fall victim to a computer hangup.

I don't know how you paid, but if it was with paypal, a number is auto-assigned to the transaction. ..i feel your anticipation. ..im on day 7 waiting for my m43, and i may have to wait a whole 'nother weekend for it due to the holidays.

I found your order from online store. You paid for the knife and shipping cost.
HI will ship your CAK as soon as shipment from Nepal arrives here in couple of weeks. Thank you for being patience

well, the mail came and went again today and no m43. 8 days and counting. ... ... ... ...

i will if i don't see it by tuesday or so.
Id politely send her an email now asking her specifically about your order. I was confused myself about this post because the OP was "sidelock". She may have your order at Reno still for some reason, computer glitch, post office glitch,payment processing...anything can happen. The sooner you contact her directly the sooner you'll get your blade but posting here to get her attention may be just confusing things. We dont know where your at so we cant give you a good estimate from our experiences. I bought some things last year at this time and I remember 5 days or more when it was normally 2 days. If your in conUS you should contact her.

Pinkeye, I'm still waiting for mine as well. But I emailed Yangdu and she gave me a tracking no. As you might remember, due to my laws, I had to have it shipped to Chicago.

The USPS didn't find my friend at home last Saturday and left a notice. Yeah right, she has a little kid and was at home all along. No notice was left, no matter what their website claims. Next, I rescheduled a delivery online for yesterday. Carrier had other priorities...nothing showed up. So at this time the tracking page tells me it's still scheduled for redelivery...yesterday.

So yesterday my friend had a little chat with the mail lady, she just bumped into her. She promissed it will be delivered today. Unless it happens, my friend will need to go to the Post Office!

Sadly, this is not the only similar experience I had with USPS. So please check with Yangdu, the shipping is most likely insured, and you will have tracking no. And will need to sign for it I am told.

If it arrived on Saturday at the Post Office, be advised that they will return it back to Reno if one more week passes. They might not attempt redelivery.

Last edited:
Wow MoonW That is truely amazing. I have always had excellent mail service via an awesome carrier (who unfortunately just retired I hope he enjoys a wonderful future, he deserves it) so Aunties triangle boxes appear here as if via white magic portal. I can not imagine the frustration I would feel to have something sent back to sender because the post office carrier had "other priorities" so didn't bother to deliver my mail for what? 2 weeks? And they wonder why they have lost almost all customers who need any appearance of service when "meh, we might get it there, if we don't have other priorities" takes the place of "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds" as a creed.

Well, my friend still has one week to claim the package. In fact she wanted to go yesterday to the PO but I didn't want a woman with a baby in a stroller to go even half a mile for me, as she could've done it only after it was already dark. I told her to leave it for another day when she has time and in the mean time she bumped into the carrier and was promissed to have it delivered today. I am refreshing the tracking page and so far I don't see it having left the PO.

I appreciate good service, I do my utmost to offer it as well and expect no less from the people I manage. But when things go wrong, it's good to know you still have friends to rely on :).

Thank you, I'm sure this will be taken care of in the end. Your carrier sounds like a really great person that took pride in his work, I too wish he enjoys his retirement, he so much deserves it.

Last edited:
sorry to hear about this trouble you guys are having, and I want to say I have been very lucky with the USPS, never have a problem and always get my packages within 3 days of being sent-- that being said , I am willing to help however I can, not sure how I can but I am willing, as are most people here--- HI , though it has world class products, is actually a pretty small operation, that requires a great deal of work from one or two people, so when a snag does come up, do yourself a favor and be patient with them; as you will reap the rewards of that patience in highest quality blades with one of the best fair trade companies!

Thanks and I agree. HI has more than done its job in my case. The blame is somewhere else, and maybe my experience will benefit others.

Pinkeye, I'm still waiting for mine as well. But I emailed Yangdu and she gave me a tracking no. As you might remember, due to my laws, I had to have it shipped to Chicago.

The USPS didn't find my friend at home last Saturday and left a notice. Yeah right, she has a little kid and was at home all along. No notice was left, no matter what their website claims. Next, I rescheduled a delivery online for yesterday. Carrier had other priorities...nothing showed up. So at this time the tracking page tells me it's still scheduled for redelivery...yesterday.

So yesterday my friend had a little chat with the mail lady, she just bumped into her. She promissed it will be delivered today. Unless it happens, my friend will need to go to the Post Office!

Sadly, this is not the only similar experience I had with USPS. So please check with Yangdu, the shipping is most likely insured, and you will have tracking no. And will need to sign for it I am told.

If it arrived on Saturday at the Post Office, be advised that they will return it back to Reno if one more week passes. They might not attempt redelivery.

thats good advice. If its not in the mail today i'll ask Auntie for the tracking number. Like i said above i work for a shipping company and am familiar with many stories like yours. ...lol its the fact that i work for a shipping company that makes me so antsy.

Back