Demko AD-15

Check it out guys, the first video review of Demko's AD-15 with his new Scorpion lock design:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2AdeBhtDrI

I wonder if there is plan to have CS produce a production version of that. I can see a Demko flipper coming with this design.
Also interested to see how this compared to the triad lock in terms of strength.

Interesting. It don't jump out to ME right now but I can't deny it's likely groundbreaking. Demko seems to be pushing the heretofore known edge of performance of the lockback further and further (maybe more than any other designer?)

Maybe it will be more appealing to me once it's in production (?)

Not sure if i like this lock better yet. I'm still waiting to see if CS will ever produce the modified triad lock they were supposed to use for the new Tiger Claw karambit.
However I've been following Demko's instagram for a while and i think this lock design does open up a lot of opportunities for more interesting options, such as flipper. I also like how it allows you to pack a much bigger blade into a similar sized handle, or how you can have a much smaller handle for the same blade size. Check out his picture comparison below of Demko 4 Max vs 15 Max(which is the scorpion lock version of 4 Max) and you can see how much more efficient it is:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BBTTwXAHe07/?taken-by=demkoknives

Looks really interesting to me!

I wonder if it's as strong and reliable as the Tri-Ad.

I like it. The Triad is a beast, but I think we all have to admit that it's not the most user friendly locking system out there. Even if this can't match the Triad in pure strength I'm hoping CS starts using it in addition to the Triad, as ease of use definitely ranks up there with pure strength on my list of wants in a lock design.

I like it. The Triad is a beast, but I think we all have to admit that it's not the most user friendly locking system out there. Even if this can't match the Triad in pure strength I'm hoping CS starts using it in addition to the Triad, as ease of use definitely ranks up there with pure strength on my list of wants in a lock design.

Yeah, good point. It definitely looks to be a great combination of user friendliness and strength.

Yeah, good point. It definitely looks to be a great combination of user friendliness and strength.

It's also like framelock where your grip makes it more secure. However i think because of the design it's harder to make it as thin as the triad lock such as the code 4. Also, big portion of the knife that is the lockbar/backspacer has to be made from metal(Ti/steel) which means it's probably also harder to make it as light as the triad models.

BTW, Mr Demko if you are reading this, i was wondering if you have explored moving the lockbar pivot point forward towards the blade. I feel like you have to move your palm away in order to disengage the lockbar. If it's in front, you only need to use your thumb. Also, if the lockbar pivot is in front, instead of doing an all-moving back spacer, you can probably use the lockback spring in the backspacer just like the triad. This essentially makes this a hybrid between the triad lock and the scorpion.

Anyway, great design, hope you already applied for the patent before you released it in public.

Wow, unique! I like it and want one!

Any clue on what an ad15 could cost?

Seriously cool design. But i wonder how the upper frame would not be ripped up with sufficient downward force on the blade?

hi guys, The AD-15 is proving to be a great knife, in some tests the blades break before the handle or lock. However this all depends on the frame, for example the all ti frame holds more weight than the g10/liner model. The thickness of the ti liner also makes a difference in total strength. I tested a knife with .053" ti liner and it held about 275-300 pounds (weight 4" from pivot). The failure was the lower g10/ti it spread (under compression) and eventually buckled. Also the ALLTI went to about 400 pounds 4" from pivot and the blade broke,like a triad does. I have now modified the heat treatment to the same as I do on triads, so I do expect even higher numbers in my next round of testing.

Thanks for the info, any hint of when the ad15 will be available and ballpark of price? I'm in for one!
hi guys, The AD-15 is proving to be a great knife, in some tests the blades break before the handle or lock. However this all depends on the frame, for example the all ti frame holds more weight than the g10/liner model. The thickness of the ti liner also makes a difference in total strength. I tested a knife with .053" ti liner and it held about 275-300 pounds (weight 4" from pivot). The failure was the lower g10/ti it spread (under compression) and eventually buckled. Also the ALLTI went to about 400 pounds 4" from pivot and the blade broke,like a triad does. I have now modified the heat treatment to the same as I do on triads, so I do expect even higher numbers in my next round of testing.

I'll be keeping my eye out for when they start selling.

Moniker, seems pretty damn good either way to me.

Back