Dennis Riley...Check this maker out!!!

Howdy all,

I just received my Arkansas Governors Bowie from Dennis Riley...(Picture of the knife is in the makers threads under the knife exchange)....Let me tell you, this man make one HELL of a knife for the money. Fit and finish are excellent, I can't find a blemish or flaw on the entire knife...and I'm critical when it comes to these things. The knife is surprisingly light for its size and the sheath is one heavy duty number! The knife is sharp...very sharp...the only thing I'm ever likey to cut with it is myself but it's nice to know it can do the job it was intended for. The handle is sweet and I'm not a huge fan of crown stag but this one is a beauty!

Folks, ours is not a cheap hobby...I've spent thousands on a single knife....(I'm six years and still waiting for an $1,850.00 bowie that I paid for 5 years ago from one maker). Bargains are few and far between for the good stuff but Dennis Riley is an exception. He's extremely easy to get along with...he even waited for me to get back from my detail so that I could pay for the knife, which I truly appreciated.

Do yourselves a favor...go to the Knife Exchange on this site...look at the custom makers threads...he has some of his examples for sale there. Knives are my passion...I have a lot of them and I know what I'm talking about (as do most of you)...trust me on this...I can recommend my Riley's work without ANY reservation whatsoever!!

Bpman

Bpman, thanks for the kind words. I hope you enjoy your knife for many years. I have set very high standards for my work, and won't sell a knife that I would not buy for myself. Also, every step in the process is checked and rechecked for flaws. If I find one I start over. Once again, I thank you for the kind words and look foward to making many more knives for you in the years to come.

Back