Desert warfare Mean Street

Can someone please tell me what are the exact difference's between a Mean street and a Desert Warfare Mean Street?

Also how much would a Desert Warfare Mean Street be worth now?

Thanks
Vance

The DWMS had tan micarta handle. Regular MS had black micarta. Not sure what other differences there may have been.

Re: price. All of the Mean Streets are getting pricey, since they are out of production. This seems to be true especially for the Lean Mean Streets. To get an idea of just how many $$, check the Individual For Sale forum for the Mean Streets (of all flavors) that have sold in the last several months. There's been a few.

[This message has been edited by RokJok (edited 06-19-2001).]

Hello V-man,
There were several variations of the Mean Street (MS). There was the regular Mean Street, the Lean Mean Street (LMS) and the Desert Warfare Mean Street(DWMS). They are similar in shape but were different in thickness. The MS was .25", the LMS .187" and the DWMS was .23" with tan Micarta handles.
Also not all regular MS had the black Micarta as I have a regular MS that has the Tan Micarta. The way to tell the difference is too measure the thickness.

RokJok is right about the price, all the variations of the MS seem to be hot right now. I saw a used DWMS sell on the forums last week for $235( a very good price) and have seen some NIB for close to $400. Follow RokJok's advice and do a search on the Individual For Sale Forums you will get a good idea what they go for.
Good Luck

------------------
Eric Isaacson

That's true; I have a regular MS with diamond pattern camo micarta and bead blasted brass tubes. Other than the micarta color and the faux-carbon fiber kydex sheath, it's just a standard INFI MS. Upon examining the knife at the Blade Show, Jerry told me that he made about 5 of them with camo micarta, and he confirmed that it was INFI. Good info for a Busse collector or a Mean Street FAQ.

------------------
Molon Labe

[This message has been edited by X-Head (edited 06-19-2001).]

Back