Design Contest!

Nice computer skills dman!
Great entries everyone this won't be an easy choice.

Only 3 days to go so get your designs in!

Last one from me...old school pencil drawing.

small edc but a design that can be enlarged to a hunter. Suppose the sharp edge could be lengthened. I had the handle angle down starting at the scale blade interface, many that I have seen seem to angle more at mid handle. But I made a cardboard knife based on it and some of my kid's playdough on the handle portion and this felt comfortable at this 7 1/2 size OAL. nice long narrow swedge

Some great designs here. I have a few in progress that I haven't had a chance to finish, but I have to say I'd buy some of the ones I've seen so far.

Some great designs here. I have a few in progress that I haven't had a chance to finish, but I have to say I'd buy some of the ones I've seen so far.

I agree. There are some great designs submitted. This is an awesome contest.

Here's my three... All three could bear the model name BCBA (Blue Collar BadAss)

85d04c576154720968421a578d259a9c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks for the distraction from actually doing work at the office today!

My submission is a scaled down. every day carry version of your B&T knife that would be perfect to carry in a front pocket. It would 6" in OAL with a 3" blade and 3" handle, which is roughly 75% of the B&T. In keeping with your design, it would be guardless and sport a full grind. Here is a rough sketch.

It would provide a nice three finger grip with the pinkie providing additional support underneath the handle.

Additionally it would allow for a full index finger forward grip.

As for a name, I'd call it the Lil' Bird or the Magpie.

Thanks again!
Caleb

PS Sorry for the crappy pictures.

20160914%20MadcapMagician%20Jarrett%20Fleming%20Design%20Contest_zpsnkm0kkw5.jpg

I hope that is all readable. Thanks for the opportunity, it was a lot of fun to sit down and design these.

The top one is a general utility clip point with a classic Bowie-type blade design and a handle vaguely inspired by the saber-style handle of some of the Blackjack Knives copies of the Randall Model 1.

The second one is a small utility/tactical backup knife with a lot of different inspirations, but not really any single one.

The third is a kwaiken, because the world always needs more kwaikens, and I'd love to see a fusion kwaiken-style knife with the fabulous micarta handle (SHADETREE!!!) and pin styles of the Athens crowd of knifemakers. I arranged the pins for the handle scales to resemble a menuki and added a finger choil in lieu of the typical turk's head knot to prevent fingers riding up on the blade.

Drawings are roughly to scale, or at least, what you'd see when your scale is done by hand with a plastic ruler and not with drafting software.

Last edited:
Thanks for this awesome contest! my entry is a small lightweight pocket hunter but could also be used for edc.
P1010669_zpsbqnpvlbq.jpg~original
[/URL][/IMG]

I have decided to pick the winner tomorrow instead of by midnight tonight. This will allow last minute entries and I'm also going to need some time to think!

First off I want to give a big thank you to all of you who participated. There were a lot of great entries and it was fun for me to see what you guys came up. I wish I could pick more than one, but for this contest our friend in France Christobal won me over with the bottom design. Congratulations Christobal! I think that it will be a nice addition to the lineup.

For everyone else who participated I am going to give you all 10% off your next purchase from me as a thank you for participating. I hope you all had fun!

Congratulations, its a great design! Personally I really like the blade on the top one.

Congratulations Christobal. Thanks Jarrett for having the contest.

Congratulations to Christobal! Thanks to Jarrett for the opportunity to participate.

Congrats to Christobal, and thanks to Jarrett for the contest and thank you offer!

Back