Design Merits and value of BK62

Congrats on your purchase.

Ive got 10 beckers and no 62(missing quite a few really). Though i do really want one but something more on the rarer side pops up instead. Ill probably grab a 17 before the 62 even though i think the 62 would be used much more. Maybe they will discontinue it and then ill get that sense of urgency.

I just read every single post in this thread this morning as I woke Up. Love this community, no idea why I never posted here. I apparently made an account though as I’m allowed to make this reply happen. I love my 62 and I’m glad ya’ll love yours too. I pair mine with a Tahoma Field Knife! Knife designed by Andy Tran, a YouTuber and produced and made by TOPS. It’s a great marriage. I use to pair it with my Becker bk, I believe it was the 39? It had the clear coat and green scales. They discontinued it. If I can figure out how to post pictures I will. Anyway. Great guys deserve great knives. - Josh

I just read every single post in this thread this morning as I woke Up. Love this community, no idea why I never posted here. I apparently made an account though as I’m allowed to make this reply happen. I love my 62 and I’m glad ya’ll love yours too. I pair mine with a Tahoma Field Knife! Knife designed by Andy Tran, a YouTuber and produced and made by TOPS. It’s a great marriage. I use to pair it with my Becker bk, I believe it was the 39? It had the clear coat and green scales. They discontinued it. If I can figure out how to post pictures I will. Anyway. Great guys deserve great knives. - Josh

Its hard to find something not to like about the 62. Yeah, its pretty much perfect. There is a bk32 and a bk39, the 39 is a bk9 with the green scales and a clear coat; the bk32 is a bk2 with those same features.

There is a good thread in this subforum for posting pictures. People from all over the forum use it. Using imgur, its a painless process.

I understand tops makes some good knives, theres been a few on my “to buy” list but ive never gotten around to it.

Just got mine.

Photos do not do this knife justice.

I got a pretty good deal on it, though not as good as some of the other guys.

Not even a bit of "buyer's remorse".

This is a knife meant to be used and used hard.
Awesome! I paid retail and I have zero regrets. It’s my Bushcraft knife. Since posting, I sold my Tahoma field knife. Picked up a Tops Missile Strike to be the new companion. Still have my bk62 and don’t plan on ever getting rid of it :D

Congrats on the new steel gents. It's just a hell of a nice blade. My second most used blade, after my BK9. I guess you could say it's my most used "normal" sized knife. Works out very well for me, and hard to beat that price.

Well I guess I'm really late to the party but I've been on the fence about this knife since it came out. I've even had it in a cart more than once but never pulled the trigger. After reading all the comments in this thread I finally ordered one and I'm wishing I would have thought to reference the Bf threads sooner.

C C.B.D.
There are So Many things to love about the knife/design.
I'm looking forward to getting it, I have read Horace Kepharts books both "Camping and Woodcraft" and "Our Southern Highlanders" as well as his biography. It will be a nice usable piece of history. Several years back someone local made some limited reproductions for the Great Smoky Mountain Association but I wasn't able to get one at the time. Hopefully this one will make up for it.

I'm looking forward to getting it, I have read Horace Kepharts books both "Camping and Woodcraft" and "Our Southern Highlanders" as well as his biography. It will be a nice usable piece of history. Several years back someone local made some limited reproductions for the Great Smoky Mountain Association but I wasn't able to get one at the time. Hopefully this one will make up for it.
Edit:
Glen Brewer was the knife makers name and they were released in 2012.

Back