1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Dessert Warrior pivot screw stripped from factory

Discussion in 'Boker USA' started by Matt_WY, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Matt_WY

Matt_WY Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 30, 2018
    Received my first Boker today, a mini dessert warrior. Neat little automatic, but it appears the pivot screw has been mangled by the factory. Is this normal for what Boker sends out? Is it possible to get a correct replacement, is it even anything to worry about? I’m sure I could return it, but being sold out, I doubt I could get a replacement.

Appreciate any thoughts.

7E613A30-A438-4278-B112-8251A1C89618.jpeg

2. Frank Gray

Frank Gray

Feb 17, 2020
    Check with customer service if you can get through

Matt_WY likes this.
  3. craytab

craytab Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2012
    I believe they are disassembled stateside to put in the auto spring. I'd contact the dealer to see if they have any ideas on how to get a replacement. Limited and sold out is going to be an issue.

jbmonkey and Matt_WY like this.
  4. Matt_WY

Sep 30, 2018
    Sent them a message when I posted here. Never heard back. This was a relatively inexpensive knife, I can live with it, but makes me hesitant to purchase anything else from Boker.

5. jbmonkey

jbmonkey Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 9, 2011
    things may have changed but in the past boker didn't put the spring in them. the dealer or distributor did. the dealer should make it right for you, in what ever way they can...or don't use that dealer anymore.

Matt_WY likes this.
  6. Matt_WY

Sep 30, 2018
    There is only one dealer for these as far as I know and they sell them out quick. I didn't bother contacting them since I figured this could easily be dealt with through Boker. The reason I posted here was I had seen in the past where they had a forum presence. Guess those days are gone. Its a fun little knife, I'll try and deal with Boker again, since they seem like the only place that could offer a correct replacement screw. I'll also contact the dealer just to see what they have to say. Thanks all.

jbmonkey likes this.
  7. Matt_WY

Sep 30, 2018
    An update. Boker replied and apologized, caught them in the middle of staff replacement. They really don't consider this their problem, its a Blade HQ modification which voids the warranty. They did offer to supply a plain pivot screw for $14.95. I didn't really find that acceptable. Boker agreed and offered to send one out for free if I can't rectify this with Blade HQ. Blade HQ responded that they could issue a refund for the knife, return it to Boker for warranty work, which could result in me being billed for the repair, or that I could look online for a replacement part. Again, not thrilled with paying to repair a new knife. Overall, I greatly appreciate Bokers offer for a replacement part.

8. afishhunter

afishhunter Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 21, 2014
    Not surprising ... :(