Devil Dog Knives Leatherneck model

Today I have another Leatherneck model and this is one sexy knife. It is 1095 5/32" steel with a full height convex grind and a satin finish. The scales are black micarta sanded to a silky smooth 400 grit and finished with scott brite pads. It has white g 10 liners and black pins that just dissapear into this handle. This knife not only looks great, but it is also all buisness and ready for the woods or the field. It takes very well to an upside down grip and is very comfortable while not slippery in the hands. I have another knife below that has the same specs.. This is a Devil Dog Knives leatherneck model, it is 1095 5/32" Aldo steel. It has been heat treated, quenched in peanut oil and features a scandi grind. The scales are North African Wingee and is full of beautiful details. Hopefully my pictures will do it justice. It has white and black G 10 liners and black micarta pins. The overall length is 9 3/4", 4 1/2" of which is blade. I'm asking $130, shipped USPS & insured, with sheath as shown in photo. I think you will find that this is a lot of knife for the money. First "I'll take it" get the knife. My paypal address is ron@devildogknives.com Thanks for stopping by, Semper Fi- Ron
DSCN1757-vi.jpg
DSCN1755-vi.jpg
DSCN1754-vi.jpg
DSCN1750-vi.jpg
DSCN1749-vi.jpg
DSCN1748-vi.jpg
DSCN1745-vi.jpg
DSCN1751-vi.jpg
DSCN1744-vi.jpg

DSCN1732-vi.jpg
DSCN1734-vi.jpg
DSCN1735-vi.jpg
DSCN1738-vi.jpg
DSCN1718-vi.jpg
DSCN1716-vi.jpg

DSCN1711-vi.jpg
DSCN1710-vi.jpg
DSCN1718-vi.jpg
DSCN1715-vi.jpg
DSCN1729-vi.jpg
DSCN1728-vi.jpg
DSCN0015-vi.jpg

Hey there guys I have a sweet little knife here that is looking for a good home. This is a Devil Dog Knives leatherneck model, it is 1095 5/32" Aldo steel. It has been heat treated, quenched in peanut oil and features a scandi grind. The scales are North African Wingee and is full of beautiful details. Hopefully my pictures will do it justice. It has white and black G 10 liners and black micarta pins. The overall length is 9 3/4", 4 1/2" of which is blade. I'm asking $130, shipped USPS & insured, with sheath as shown in photo. I think you will find that this is a lot of knife for the money. First "I'll take it" get the knife. My paypal address is ron@devildogknives.com Thanks for stopping by, Semper Fi- Ron.
DSCN1711-vi.jpg
DSCN1710-vi.jpg
DSCN1718-vi.jpg
DSCN1715-vi.jpg
DSCN1729-vi.jpg
DSCN1728-vi.jpg
DSCN0015-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Please feel free to leave a comment or some constructive criticism, I really appreciate the feedback. Also for all the tactical fans I have not forgotten you the war steel is coming.

I am not a fan of your use of the clip blade. If you look at the first blade (Black Micarta) compared to the wooden handled blade (Wingee) at the bottom - the clip is MUCH more pronounced on the blade micarta. I don't think you need that clip blade - and I think it conflicts with the lines on the handle. You handles are not only from top down, but side to side - VERY fluid - and then the STRAIGHT line of the clip blade seems to ruin that fluidity from an aesthetics point of view. When you look at the Wingee model - the clip is less pronounced and the knife retains some of its fluidity.

My two pennies are this - round the spine of that wingee handled knife - so that it carries the lines of the handle to the blade and to the point. I think, aesthetically, this will make a knife that is much more pleasing to the eye. You then have a couple of options - you can spear point it - or leaf point it. This is up to you. I think a spear point would make a more serviceable knife for what you have - but you could also offer it in two options - with little variation on your pattern.

Further, your sheaths need to have a more gradual curve at the bottom to follow the curve of the blade. The black one has too sharp of an angle and seems to almost be squared off - the tan one has too much of a point and seems to not follow the blade as it is made now. A little more attention in this area (let your blade design be your guide) would make the sheath much more fluid and follow the blades suit.

With all of this said - it always seems like I have nothing positive to say - but I have to say - I love this knife. Your handle work is great. Your use of liners and your lines on the handles seem VERY nice and fluid. Your fit and finish looks great on the scandi model. I think you have a great start - and your price point is an excellent value. I just post my ideas because I think with a few small tweaks - your knives would be primo.

But again - that is just my opinion - so take it with a grain of salt.

TF

I profiled some new blanks today including this pattern, but I rounded out the clip point and focused on smooth transitions and lines. We will see how they look when they get all fit and finished. Thanks for the feedback, Semper Fi- Ron

Are any of those still available? I sent you a pm about the one with blue liners yesterday before any ill take it post. I should have replied to the sale thread instead.. I love rye design uiu ctreated! Let me know...

Back