Dexter using a Busse??

I was watching Showtime last night and a preview for the new season of Dexter came on. During the preview they did that 20 clips flashed in 5 seconds deal and in one of the flashes I am plainly seeing a closeup shot of a Busse in Dexter's hand. The Talon hole and the handle was unmistakeable. Unfortunately I can't get a good screen capture, nor do I know enough about Busse to identify the exact model.

Honestly, I was just impressed that Dexter is moving up in the knife world. :D

Edit: Okay I found the video on YouTube. Watch it in 720P and check out 0:37. That is definitely a Busse right?

[youtube]rU9vBqMMeJo[/youtube]

Edit 2: Oh and if you guys are into this show I have a feeling that Edward James Almos' character may even be better than Lithgow's Trinity Killer.

Last edited:
I'm not into Busse(well...not yet), so i don't know about the knife, but I'm a huge Dexter fan....this season looks WAAAY better than last years!

Looks like a BOSS Jack to me... But not completely sure. Definitely has that "BUSSE" look! :thumbup:

BUSSE-Dexter_Preview_Season6a.jpg

BUSSE-Dexter_Preview_Season6b.jpg

I'm not into Busse(well...not yet), so i don't know about the knife, but I'm a huge Dexter fan....this season looks WAAAY better than last years!

After the amazing Trinity Killer season with John Lithgow, I was extremely disappointed with last season. This season is looking pretty damn good though. Edward James Almos is a great actor and I notice that he appears to be teamed up with Colin Hanks. I'm really looking forward to this upcoming season.

After the amazing Trinity Killer season with John Lithgow, I was extremely disappointed with last season. This season is looking pretty damn good though. Edward James Almos is a great actor and I notice that he appears to be teamed up with Colin Hanks. I'm really looking forward to this upcoming season.

Oh yeah...John Lithgow was friggin awesome. The best part of that season was when they had their little "scuffle" in the kitchen....i was like "oh shit!!!" lol!

From that clip, i'm really excited this year especially with the Almos and Hanks:devilish:

Awesome, good to see they're upgrading the knives. Love the song choice for that ad, too...

I don't know if it was just me, but I liked the Jordan Chase season just as much as the Lithgow one. The Bay Harbor Butcher one is still my all-time favorite, though.

Tony that does not look like a busse to me but it could be , hopefully will see this next season

i believe he also uses a sog pentagon s14 knife to dispatch his obsessed girl friend at the end of one season (can't remember which one) i remember she tried to kill his family...big mistake..(can't wait to rent season six..)

rtower reminded me that i remember seeing Dexter use a Benchmade last season. It was the episode where he brings Lumen to the swamps where all the girls were stuffed into oil barrels....did anyone else catch that??? I can't remember which knife it was though.

rtower reminded me that i remember seeing Dexter use a Benchmade last season. It was the episode where he brings Lumen to the swamps where all the girls were stuffed into oil barrels....did anyone else catch that??? I can't remember which knife it was though.

I think it was a CRKT knife (the one he gave Lumen to show he trusted her). But, there was a night scene I believe where Dex used a BM.

Yup I believe it was the BM Fecas Snipe.

On the episode "Helter Skelter" of the new season(I think), Dexter uses a Busse knife to kill some dude at a firing range in broad daylight. They seem to pause there for a second with his hand on the handle, as if to tease us. Dexter is definitely selective about his killing tools.

Pretty sure it was Natural Outlaw tonight, but I couldn't be certain. The prop designers on TV are getting pretty good with their knife choices now.

edit: at this point I can't even tell what it was, there's far more Busse models than I ever realized!

Definintely looks like a natural outlaw. I spotted it right away, and judging by the blade length and birds beak looks about right.

Wow. I just finished tonight's Dexter and I knew I saw a Busse blade. I took a screenshot and came here to post it but lo and behold, someone else beat me to the punch. I wonder if the use of the Busse blades is endorsed by Busse Knives in any way?

Last edited:
Wow. I just finished tonight's Dexter and I knew I saw a Busse blade. I took a screenshot and came here to post it but low and behold, someone else beat me to the punch. I wonder if the use of the Busse blades is endorsed by Busse Knives in any way?

Nice to see Busse blades in Dexter. Though that's a question for the man himself. Maybe he'll be in here sometime soon to enlighten us...

Back