dh russell knives???

gimme the low down.
got to handle one at the store the other day.sheath looks a little less than impressive,but i liked the feel of the knife.whady'all think?

Hey Maurice...

I just got my first Grohmann from Tom Marshman at :

http://www.marshmanbrothers.com

I have to tell you,, it's a Great knife...

I've handled and sheathed several Grohmanns, this would be my first Stainless model,,the others were all high carbon, and they all have been razor sharp even with obvious signs of very hard use...

I've got the #1 with Rosewood handles and shes a Beauti...

Although this is my first,, it Won't be my last for sure.. Next one I'm getting is the Canadian Armed Forces issue R3 or #3...

I don't think you can go wrong with it personally...

As far as the sheath goes....

Thats Easily fixed..
smile.gif
smile.gif

ttyle

Eric..

------------------
On/Scene Tactical
Leading The Way In Quality Synthetic Sheathing

I've got the #3 in SS. I absolutely love it. The leather sheath does leave a lot to be desired, but I have no need for it. I use mine in the kitchen and keep it in my knife block. It's the perfect size for just about everything except carving meat. Very easy to sharpen, cleans up really easy, and the handle is super comfy for my med sized hands. Also, it's a great value.
the wood handle has held up well. I've mistakenly put it thru the dishwasher several times with no adverse effects.
Lenny

Hey Normark, hows it going,I handled one of those Grohman Knives in Toronto at the International Centre when the Outdoor Show was on. I came very close to picking up the smaller one, I think its the bird and trout one. Very nice knife. Can you still get them with the Stag Handles?

Say Normark. I love the knife too, but agree the sheath sucks. Have you made any of your sheaths for the #1 in Kydex ?

Ken in Northern Ontario

Hey Kyle..

Yaa they still make them,,and are they ever nice..

Not too many knives I like with stag,, but the Grohmann is one of them...

Ken from northern Ont...

Yes I have made several sheaths for a couple of different Grohmanns..

Just got the prototype done for the #1 this morning...

Turned out nice,, Great Lockup...
I made it for horizontal carry Only, as this is 99% of the way I carry most all knives these days...

ttyle

Eric...

------------------
On/Scene Tactical

normark,if i decide to buy one (i prolly will,but after the little rock custom show) and the sheath isnt working for me,i'll look you up.
thanks for the info guys.

Hey Maurice....

Like Tom said,, alot of people pass them up until they actually hold/use one..

I know I was one of those people..

I'll fix you up with a sheath as soon as I'm Squared with Tom
smile.gif
Which may never happen if I keep ordering knives..LOL

Don't know if you've ever carried horizontal,, but when I make the sheath for you I'll set it up so you can try it at least...

Carry it Belt Buckle fashion,, Right up front....It's Extremely comfortable and Wicked fast to deploy...

I got right up to about a Busse #5 size wise for horizontal,,anything bigger is a bit much...

Let me know when you are ready..

Tom..
I'm pressing the Grohmann #1 this week...
smile.gif

ttyle

Eric...

------------------
On/Scene Tactical

hi normark.
i just traded for one tonight while on chat.might be a little while before i can order,i got a custom to pay for and some other assorted costs (like saving for a down payment on a car).but yeah,i will let you know.BTW,its a #1.cool little knife,cant wait to get it.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Normark:
I just got my first Grohmann from Tom Marshman at :

http://www.marshmanbrothers.com</font>

So, um... where do you go from there (the link above). When I went there, all I got was a front page, and I couldn't find any links below on that page other than to "check out" through pay pal.
confused.gif

Is it just me?

------------------
I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt, and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts. -- John Steinbeck
Dog does not eat dog. - Juvenal

iktomi

Hey Rock...

WoW..Tom has done a major Retrofit on his site...

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will find the menu..

I didn't have any problem with it..

Try again..

ttyle

Eric...

------------------
On/Scene Tactical

I did, still didn't work. Don't know whassup with that.
frown.gif

------------------
I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt, and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts. -- John Steinbeck

iktomi

Hmmm...told Tom a couple days ago that some links didn't work...Chuckle...but it's not like you can take a hammer and nail...
frown.gif

You can get to Grohmann fixed blades through 'folding knives' then 'Grohmann'. Then click on 'belt knives' or 'skinners'.
smile.gif

Ooops...Forgot the knife content!

My dad ordered one of the #1 in rosewood. It arrived with Sambar Stag. Great little knife, the blade vs handle configuration is amazingly comfortable. It's not a tree chopper, but for most other duties it looks great.

I don't know anything about the two steels though, my dads is stainless but he says, "It's good steel."

Hopes this helps..

Steve-O

Hey Guys, I thought my ears were burning! Of course a little friendly e-mail from Eric doesn't help.
smile.gif

Steve, thanks for the heads up, I think I worked all the glitches.

http://www.marshmanbrothers.com/grohmann.htm

rockspyder, sorry for the complications, those hover buttons at the bottom of the page have given me grief since I installed them! MS/FP doesn't like to work with Netscape at all, and if you don't wait for the page to load before scrolling they're all over the place!

I can also get the stag, adds about two days to shipping.

Grohmann makes my favorite blade...they're even coming out with knife kits, too!
smile.gif

About the sheath, a dangler isn't too bad and the quality isn't On Scene; but for a production leather they beat the pants off of a lot other ones out there.

Thanks Tom, that link is working GREAT for me.
biggrin.gif

------------------

iktomi

I've used a small Russell for years and love it. I'm not sure of the model number it's
stamped "belt knife".

I also have a Model 1S and a Model 4S which
are NIB. I would be willing to sell these at a real good price. Please e-mail me if interested.

Win Heger

win,as of now thanks but no thanks...traded for one in chat a few nights ago.if you still have it the near future i might pick it up,depending on if i like this one (i'll like it,im easy)

Back