D'Holder Presentation Bowie from Eric Meyer Collection

betzner

Platinum Member
OK, here is a magnificent and rare one. D' made very few knives with the Farmington, NM maker's mark and they are highly sought by D'Holder collectors. He was working 12 hour days for Diamond Shamrock Co. while in Farmington (1986-88), so he did not have much time to make many knives. And sheaths like this, there isn't another out there, as well the blade style. As for the Mel Wood engraving, I usually find his stuff pretty flat, but he outdid himself engraving this one.

The Bowie was specifically made for the Eric Meyer collection.

In any case, leave it to Coop to bring it all together for us all to see. Sure glad I got this Bowie from the breakup of the Eric Meyer collection. One of several golden oldies Coop will be imaging.

Edit: The sheath is leather, soaked for a goodly while in water, dried in the sun, soaked, dried, repeated, etc. to make a formed sheath - by D'Holder, of course.

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Bastid

Goat herding fool and resident vermin breeder.
Staff member
Super Mod
Congrats on that beautiful piece of work.

Tai Goo

BANNED
"THE" Eric Meyer?

I hadn't heard the Eric Meyer collection had broken up. Amazing eclectic collection, probably the best of it's kind! What gives?

Is there anywhere we can see it?

... quite a few of my oldies in there. :)

Last edited:

betzner

Platinum Member
Nordic Knives, as I understand it, got pretty much the entire collection. Meyer died several years ago (about 10 years ago, I am told) but the estate didn't settle until about a year and a half ago. At that point, as I understand it, Nordic Knives made their acquisition. Nordic apparently receives portions of it from time to time and lists on their site what they receive.

This is one of my favorite D Holders of all time. Probably one of the biggest too.
Outstanding photos as well.

i gotta say i was never drawn to d'holder knives really that much but this knife is just plain wicked......i can only imagine what other knives were in his collection.....ryan

SharpByCoop

Enjoying the discussions
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hi Bob,

A stunning knife, by every measure. I am often blown away at the styling cues from the older pieces. Man, this one is off the hook. :D

The single view is one of my favorite images, too. This knife make ME look good! It's karma.... ;)

Coop