Dia Sharp + New Random Leek= SHARP!

I just received my new Random Leek today and I didn't like the edge it had. WHAT TO DO? O wait!:eek: I just received my dia sharp stones today. So, I gave it a good initial grind with the fine, then extra fine, then fine ceramic, extra fine ceramic, then 75 strops on each side. HOLY CRAP HOUSTON, I THINK WE HAVE ONE SHARP PUPPY! :D

I LOVE free hand sharpening. I'm now confident that if a knife needs sharpening, I don't have to send it to the factory. AWSOME

Congrats on a job well done. It is a good feeling being able to sharpen freehand. Doesn't seem to be any way to hold you back now.

Wow Dude!

I wish that I could get my knives that sharp, although all I have is a Lansky set, and no strop!

Congratulations!

KershawLover, if yo've got a some cardboard, some magazines with the "thicker" paper covers, or some computer paper and a mousepad....you've got a new-age strop.

I won't get into here but do a search on here and you'll find references to all three.

Never had or used a true leather strop. Tried using a belt a few times...uugghh. But all three of the above can do wonders for an edge. Even the bottom of a Copenhagen can give an improvement in a pinch!

Back