Diamond Paste from the Ukraine.

I got this diamond paste from a dealer out of the Ukraine and I got some 4 Carat Concentration stuff the first time I ordered from him and this time I got some 10 Carat diamond paste's to try out.

Going from the bottom up the Micron's are 3,1,.5,.10,the .10 is just 4 Carat in another brand because this guy does not make .10

The bottom 2 strops are Ash wood strops and they got that dark in about 30 seconds way faster then any other diamond paste has made a brand new strop of mine get that dark that fast,I have other Ash strops where I have used them a many times and they never got that dark.

I found this diamond paste to do a great job as far as speed and polishing my Hinderer XM-18 S35VN blade,I would take pictures but my camera does not focus on the edge very well.

Here are picture's of the strop's and also a chart of the different grit's he sell's and what the diamond concentration is,the coarser the grit the more diamonds there will.The are 3 concentration's you can get 3 different concentrations Normal Heightened and High.

The finer the grit the lesser the carat weight will be and the coarser the grit the more the carat weight will be.

To understand what Micron your getting when you look at the chart and we'll use 3/2 as an example,the first witch is 3 means it's a 3 Micron diamond paste and the 2 means that a very very small percentage of the diamonds will be 2 microns and no smaller the 2 either.

I'm also putting a grit chart in this post as well that convert's Microns to grit.

The sellers email is michael.lug@gmail.com if you want to find out more and the cost is about 23 to 36 bucks per container for the 10 and 20 carat stuff in the finer grit's depending on the Micron you want,he has water and oil base I have tried both and liked the both.

I was not given this stuff to review and did not get any money to post this I paid for everything out of my own pocket.

IunVPZ9.jpg

WR4QPDX.jpg

K7O26ea.jpg

tlFRAzC.jpg

I'm not sure if this is CBN or Diamond,the way way CBN is made is close the way synthetic diamonds are so they maybe calling CBN diamonds but I'm not sure email Michael if you want to know for sure.

Whether they use diamonds or CBN it does matter to me for the price and performance plus CBN is able to abrade anything diamond can.

Yes! would you say they are obviously different in cutting speed from the four-carat pastes? I'm glad you finally posted about this stuff. Did it just come in?

This stuff just came in a few days ago,I would say it works faster but I can't say to what degree yet because I haven't used it a lot but steel like M390 M4 S110v I can't see whether it cut's a lot faster or not it's still good having more diamonds to abrade the Vanadium.

The only other thing I can go by as far as speed goes is look at the strop's that have the 3 and 1 Micron paste on them those got that dark in 30 seconds or less and I have never had strops get that dark that fast or even that dark even after using them 5 or 6 times.

The 3 and 1 Micron for sure seemed to work faster if you look at how faster the strop's got,the finer grit's like .25 Micron did not darken as much or as fast and I think with a finer grit you can expect that,now whether getting .25 in 20 carat will get the strop darker faster I don't know,I plan on getting 1 .5,and .25 in 20 carat just to try and see how they do.

Beansandcarrots knows me threw facebook and asked for some pic's of the edge,I sharpened the knife at 15 degree's per-side using my Metallic CBN stones and then used a 5 8 and 10K Chosera to remove some of the scratch's the CBN left behind,then I used my Suehiro 20K stone witch is more like a 26K from what a experts have told.

Then I moved onto stropping and I used Ash wood strops for 3 1 and .5 Micron then I used a Horween Cordovan leather stop with .25 on it.

Not all the scratch's came out and that's one of the side of using diamond stones and CBN stones,this knife cut's really good and is scary sharp and then some,although some scratch's still remain but not a lot it cut's better then any other knife I have mirror polished to true perfection.

I'll see about doing a video and loading it onto youtube and linking it in thread,I get this paper in my local news paper and it's the same as phone book paper only it's a solid color,I can basically chop threw the paper threw paper I just push threw it as fast as I want and the paper just cut's right off.

V00SdW6.jpg

RadialBladeworks RadialBladeworks It seems to cut faster far and you should look at getting some sometime.

Look at your facebook messenger,I sent you 2 long message's about different thing's,the first is about a guy who does awesome leather work in Canada.

Yes! would you say they are obviously different in cutting speed from the four-carat pastes? I'm glad you finally posted about this stuff. Did it just come in?

Back