Diamondback Tang?

Yes, I believe so. I've never seen a Pathfinder and I haven't melted the Diamondback 4.25's molded rubber handle yet, and I don't intend to, but if you look into the lanyard hole at the end of the handle, you'll see what appears to be a band of metal, or what I assume to be a hole through the full-length tang. But there are experts with more definitive answers hanging around. Maybe they might have photos of a Diamondback 4.25's steel before the handle is poured/molded...?

http://www.geocities.com/geothorn/Diamondback4.25Tang.jpg

GeoThorn
----------
Knife people are just sharper.

Hello.

Does anyone have the definitive answer about whether a Buck Diamondback 4.25 has a full-length tang? I'm only guessing that the metal that I can see in the lanyard hole indicates a full-length tang, and I'd really rather not melt the rubber/Kraton handle off to find out. Do any Buck company people actually come into these forums and answer questions? Do they have any photos of a Diamondback 4.25 before the handle is added...? I might never get an answer, but, I was just thinking that I didn't ask these questions strongly enough.

GeoThorn

geothorn said:
Hello.

Does anyone have the definitive answer about whether a Buck Diamondback 4.25 has a full-length tang? I'm only guessing that the metal that I can see in the lanyard hole indicates a full-length tang, and I'd really rather not melt the rubber/Kraton handle off to find out. Do any Buck company people actually come into these forums and answer questions? Do they have any photos of a Diamondback 4.25 before the handle is added...? I might never get an answer, but, I was just thinking that I didn't ask these questions strongly enough.

GeoThorn

Don't know the answer to your ?. However, there usually is someone from Buck to answer ?'s that come up. Doesn't seem like they've been around lately though. My guess is they're busy with the move to Idaho. Stick around though, someone from Buck will respond sooner or later.

Yeah, I got an e-mail from Joe Houser today concerning one I sent him, they are VERY busy right now, but it's cool that he took the time to get back to me, once again Buck Customer Service ROCKS!

Back