Dick Atkinson Frame Lock...

I just recieved my Atkinson Frame Lock from Bladeart.com just a few hours ago and man I'm impressed. The filework on this knife is beautiful and the anodized Ti looks spiffy. It has a sharp blade of about 2 1/2in and a thumb stud. Perfect gent knife. Hands down.
Thanks,
Matt

Dick showed me a few of these at Blade last year. Typical Atkinson big bang for the buck. Well made framelock for well under 200.00 by a talented maker with a great personality. Can't go wrong there.

I bought one of his flipper designs last year and I positively love it. I really have a lot of respect for his work, and have since also had him send me one of his smaller fighters and I found a monster fighter on Ebay. I love them all, and his folders are all so light and well made that they regularly end up in my pocket as my EDC of the day. I don't really "rotate" my EDC, but sometimes I'll add a few. ;)

Great guy, too!

-Al-

edited 'cause I can't spell worth beans.

First post over here folks. I was thinking of a small CRK Umfam(SP)but since seeing these, I think I'll have to reconsider. Those look wonderful, and the $$:D :D , How could you go wrong?

Well, you really can't compare the Atkinson to a CRK. For one, the frame on the Atkinson is very thin, probably only about 1/32 of an inch thick. The other consideration is the blade steels. CRK uses BG42 which for some people just can't be beat. Atkinson uses his own heat treated 440C I believe (which I like better personally). The Atkinson also has beautiful filework. Both are very nice gent knives, but are very different.
Just something to think about,
Matt

I Thought I read that the blade steel is ATS34?? If not 440C is still good steel.

Jazzman: Not trying to agrue the point. Info I saw @ http://www.bladeart.com/artists/dick_Atkinson/Dick Atkinson.htm says something different. I wonder which one is correct? AG is usually a very reliable source. Again NO ARGUEMENT so please dont take this the wrong way.http://www.bladeart.com/artists/dick_Atkinson/Dick%20Atkinson.htm

I did reference your thread and see what you are saying.
DAFOX

DAFOX,
Quit arguing with me!!!!!!;) Anywho, I got mine before bladeart posted that. I would trust the bladeart over AG. Not that AG isn't a great source of info, but bladeart has the specific model and I'm guessing they got the info from Dick himself. Wow. This knife keeps getting better and better. Titanium and ATS 34 are winners in my book. :D :D :D
Thanks,
Matt

Matt, You're right!!! Frame lock Ti scales & ATS-34 on a custom for the price looks like a real winner.:D

Hey Guys,

Sorry for a late post. I talk to Dick often and asked if he switched steels. He has not, and continues to use 440C for 99% of his knives. I had the pleasure of spending 4 days at his shop a while back and let me tell you...the man knows what he is doing. He asked me to post his e-mail address if anyone needs it. Thanks for listening (reading). dickatkinson@wfeca.net

Larry

I stand corrected.

I saw the post and just heard back from Dick...
Yep, 440c...

I'm amending the description on the site...

larry@bladeart

BTW Dick mentioned that he will be at the Gator show in Lakeland FL next weekend...

check this atkinson out.....

4" blade 1/8" scales, 1/8" blade...

:D :D :D

AtkinsonFrameLockM26small.jpg

Thanks for the update Larry, and nice knife Marcus. 440C done right is still a very good steel. Still a nice knife and amy have to give it some serious consideration.

Back