Did Bob design this knife?

Is it just me, or does the Camillus Cuda with the sliding button look like a Terzuola tactical? Just look at the two.

Doc,

I'm going to slide your query over to the Camillus forum where I suspect you'll get an informed answer.

------------------
-=[Bob Allman]=-

I did NOT escape from the institution! They gave me a day pass!

BFC member since the very beginning
Member: American Knife & Tool Institute; Varmint Hunters Association;
National Rifle Association; Praire Thunder Inc.; Rapid City Rifle Club;
Spearfish Rifle & Pistol Club; Buck Collectors Club (prime interest: 532s)
Certified Talonite(r) enthusiast!

DrRMJ, I actually thought the exact same thing the first thime that I saw this knife. I wonder what the informed answer is?

Gentlemen,
Thanks for the interest. The CUDA Quick-Action folder was not designed by Bob Terzuola[but the CQB-1 was], but there is a connection. CAMILLUS' R&D engineer, Phil Gibbs, and Bob are good friends. When Phil began incorporating the patented CUDA Quick-Action opening mechanisim into a tactical folder, he began with features he personally liked. The Terzuola ATCF is Phil's favorite custom tactical folder. Phil asked Bob if it would be ok for him to use the overall outline and bladeshape. Bob agreed. But since the knife used someone elses opening device, and otherwise different construction, Bob Terzuola did not want to put his name on the design. We agreed.

We then went on to collaborate with Bob on the CQB-1 fixed blade design, and have more fixed blades from Bob in the works. Look for future models to be introduced this summer.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Stay Sharp!
Will Fennell
Camillus Cutlery

[This message has been edited by Will Fennell (edited 01-06-2000).]

THANK YOU very much for clearing up the lingering thought I've been carrying around in my head for the last few months. The CUDA is a great knife.

Thanks!

DRMJ

Back