did i find something worth buying?

Stacy E. Apelt - Bladesmith

ilmarinen - MODERATOR
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Looks good to me.I'll bet the price is a lot higher at close of the auction.
Stacy

What Stacy said.

While it's a touch on the small side, it will be WORLDS apart better from what you're using now.

The Hay Budden anvils I've forged on were all very nice.

Looks like an improvement to me :D. Actually Hay Budden made an excellent anvil, used to be know as " the caddillac of American anvils". I've got a 185 lb HB and love it. Its my primary anvil. Some might think 85 a little light, but with that stand it will work great. Looks like it's in great shape too. Only problem I see it it may cost you and arm and a leg by the time bidding ends. If you can afford it I'd go for it. Even if you move up to something bigger later, its nice to have something portable like this so you can take it on the road. I've got a 96 lb Mousehole anvil that I use for demo's that is plenty big enough for forging blades.
Good luck,
Ed

its a pick up only in the san antonio area, so im betting its gonna be a betting battle against me and the other guy whose bid on it, i hope i can keep the price down.

i've got a 156 lb. hay budden, and it dont have a straight spot on it, or a square edge left, and i still love it. my first reaction when i saw the post, was """ iv'e gotta bid on that""" then i saw pick up only! RATS anyway i agree with the rest it'll be bid much higher at close of auction. but good luck it's a beauty!

Andy