Did I miss something here?

I'm looking through the latest issue of Blade magazine (March 2001) and what do I see on page 18? A new DeltaZ/Darrel Ralph colaboration the "Osprey". Now I may have missed it, but why do we have to wait to see a new knife in a magazine. That kind of defeats the purpose of this forum doesn't it?
I was on Chat with Darrel last night and it seems like I've seen this knife before he has.

BarnZ, what the heck is going on?

BTW, very cool looking knife.
wink.gif

------------------
"Will work 4 Knives!"
My PhotoPoint Site

Hi Phil,

What you see in the advertisement is a rendering of the Ospreyª that we did two months ago to meet Blade Magazine's artwork deadline for this issue.

It's true that Darrel has not seen the knife yet as several prototypes will be hand carried from Italy to the SHOT Show for formal introduction to the knife dealers, ie. the "industry".

After that you will see actual photos and specs, pricing, and delivery leadtime for the first production run will be known after the show ends. At that point when we have the hard facts we'll post the details up for all of the forum members (most not able to attend this industry show) to see.

Timing of the ad was strategic as this issue of Blade will be handed out free to attendees of the Shot show, ie. giving us more exposure on this new creation by Darrel and Delta Z.

BTW, thanks for your comments and just wait until you see some of the other knives that will be introduced during 2001 from both Darrel and Tim Herman. All I can say is "wow", they are spectacular!

Take care and have a safe and happy New Years celebration -
Barnaby Z.
DeltaZ

------------------
Proud Bladeforums.com SPONSOR & MODERATOR!
Please accept my personal invitation to join the new product announcement and special sale list at our web site.<p> http://www.DeltaZ-Knives.com

Barnaby, thanks for responding.
I understand 'renderings' I've done that type of work for several of the makers on the Forums, just ask Darrel, Tim or Allen Blade.
That wasn't exactly my point. If Blade had that art work two months ago, why wouldn't you share it with us, here? Don't you trust us?
wink.gif

You have a Forum here, Darrel is a moderator here and a regular on Chat, it just seemed kind of strange to see the ad first, that's all. I really though I had missed it here, so I did a search for 'Osprey' here and the search came up Zero. Part of the fun of the Forums for me is to hear about new stuff before it hits the magazines.

Sssssssshhhhh Darrel you know you swear me to secrecy on pain of death when you show me the drawings on your new designs. Play along here will ya? *wink, wink* enough said.

[This message has been edited by PhilL (edited 12-31-2000).]

Phil
I advised against shooting the wad before the knife was ready. I know this sounds kinda silly but copy cats are waiting in the wings!

Also If you offer a knife before its ready folks get real pissed when they cant get it and wait then just cancel the orders. A big blitz all at once make more since from past experience.

------------------
Web Site At www.darrelralph.com
MADD MAXX !

One ad in Blade magazine does not a "blitz" make.

We need some initial feedback from customers and dealers to judge what kind of production run to make on the first shot. The SHOT show and this ad timed for the show will help us make that determination.

The ad blitz will definitely take place when the knives are being stocked on the shelves.

Don't worry guys, we'll take good care of this baby.

BarnZ
smile.gif

------------------
Proud Bladeforums.com SPONSOR & MODERATOR!
Please accept my personal invitation to join the new product announcement and special sale list at our web site.<p> http://www.DeltaZ-Knives.com

Back