Did I see a Becker Necker in Taken 2?

When he opens the brief case for the first time, I swear I saw a Becker Necker to the right of the shinier knife at the top of the case. Did I? I saw it on a movie screen that wasn't all that clear. (not a big deal anyway, the movie was pretty bad, nothing close to the first one.)

That movie had a real hard on for neck knives. There must have been 7 or 8 knives in that move, and not a single one had handles or scales on it.

There didnt need to be a sequel. What kind of idiots would go after his family again after he got his daughter back in under 52 hours and killed the Shiek. Talk about poor decision making.

Had three friends watch it, at differant times, and all three enjoyed it. I'm gonna give it a try.

Actually, I got focused on his using Steyr M-A1

(and at Bladeforums! Oh the heresy!!!)

Yep, I must say I was very disappointed as well... The acting just felt so forced. Obviously Liam Neeson is a bad ass... because he is... but it was no where near the caliber of movie that the first one was.

I was actually trying to see what all was in the case, but it was so fast that I really only picked up the guns.

I got focused on his using Steyr M-A1

Yeah same here. There were quite a few of them in the movie.. and that just didn't make sense. It's just not that popular of a gun.... Sounds like advertisement dollars at work to me...

Also, Looper is actually pretty good though. I was not expecting too much but I was pleasantly surprised. Kind of an interesting brain teaser at the end...

My daughter and I enjoyed it. Not sure about the Becker though. Guess I need to see it again. :)

---

Beckerhead #42

Now I have a reason to rent them both. One for quality, and one for knife/gun pr0n.

Actually it was pretty good.

I hate to pick on you shoot down the movie, but when you follow up a movie like Taken, you watch out for MAJOR consistency errors.

Anyone remember the car chase? The scene where they manage to make that Mercedes SUV flip fly and flip over has a MAJOR consistency error. When the camera angle changes to view the taxi to drive away from the flipping Mercedes scene, you can see that it has recently rained around the set, and that the road was wet- You'll also see that the road is dry under the very recently flipped Mercedes.

That's just one of many terrible errors and unlikely bs that the movie tried to pull.

Yeah same here. There were quite a few of them in the movie.. and that just didn't make sense. It's just not that popular of a gun.... Sounds like advertisement dollars at work to me...

(Digression starts. . .)

Honestly though, it OUGHT to be.

Shot it a couple of times sometime back and the natural point-shooting angle is just pure sweetness. They just didn't have the marketing set-up. That "other" gun that rhymes with "clock" has had more of a footing and brand recognition.

Of course we could have had more bikini shots of Maggie Grace. . .

(Digression ends. . .)

Also, Looper is actually pretty good though. I was not expecting too much but I was pleasantly surprised. Kind of an interesting brain teaser at the end...

Eh? "The Omen" meets "The Terminator" with some "Blade Runner" and "WTF" thrown in!

Back