Did you ever notice?

SALTY

Gold Member
Did you ever notice how Busse Knives, especially the Variants and Customs, have a beauty and an alure without being fancy. How they have a functional poise, a steadfast and confident grace about them. In this regard they remind me of the old Peterbilt logging trucks or the very early Power Wagons.

Did you ever notice how Busse Knives tirelessly perform probing, prying, breaching and fighting tasks without complaint? They do not sport the regalia of war but are more than worthy for battle. In this regard they remind me of a seasoned Master Sergeant amongst a gaggle of young Second Lieutenants, quietly amused by their mind's eye musings.

Did you ever notice that Busse Knives require little in the way of care? They are more than reasonably "stainless" , sharpen easily afield and do not take to injuries or insults with any lasting damage. Similar to a good women, they support, inspire and instill without need for much. Because they have their own confidence and stature, they invite but do not require from the outside as their attributes are from within.

Yes, in fact that's one of the main reasons I like Busse knives :D

No frills, just performance (and a lot thereof).

Nimrod, you post was almost poetic (ok, maybe that's the beer talking) and you're absolutely right! Those are three of the main aspects that keep me coming back to Busse dollar after dollar after dollar after dollar :D

Man, at first I thought this was an Andy Rooney thread...LOL

Nimrod, you pegged it. Simple, intrinsic, hard-core functionality.

Quiet, un-assuming, but readily able to handle anything that comes it's way.

Mike

Nimrod,

That's a very nice piece of writing, especially that third comparison. As for noticing those fine attributes of Busse knives that you mention, according to my bank account, I've noticed!!!! ;) :D

Thanks for putting it so well,
Greg

Thanks for the thumbs-up guys. Maybe I should look into being a wordsmith someday.;)

Did ya ever notice how slowly time passes when your waiting for your first Busse. ;) Great words Nimrod. ec

As an engineer, I am a great admirer of the esthetics of great, functional design, without any superflourious bells and whistles attached. That is why I bought a Boston Whaler boat 20 years ago. That is why my favorite deer rifle is a .30/06 Model 70 and wears a fixed power, 4X Leupold scope. That is why my favorite handguns are a Colt 1911 and a Browning Hi-Power. That is also why I ordered a Natural Outlaw.

Mike, sound like you are a man after my own heart. While I appreciate the older Whalers, I am a Regulator or SeaCraft man when it comes to small boats.

Back