Did you get any Vics for Christmas?

Cigar cutter, I think the 36 model. So far it has cut caps off cigars, opened wine bottles, and cleaned fingernails after tamping a pipe with my finger.

I bought a small Tinker model early this year and like the little knife quite a bit. It was purchased with the intention being available with my eventual downsizing from a 111 mm tinker-like sak. I'm resisting the downsizing. But I know the small tinker is enough knife for most of my routine knife needs which is why I bought it.

I think the small Tinker is a great Christmas present to give or receive.

I got the traditional forum's 2018 Buck slippie in early December and later got a Kabar Becker BK-62. I am pleased with both knives. I considered them Christmas gifts to myself.

I got a Pioneer X and my older sister got a Farmer. We were both very happy. Then my wife broke my scissor spring, sigh. I'm still happy, just bummed I gotta fix it so soon. I love the main blade on it compared to my Huntsman.

I bought a used Swisstool at a pawnshop for $49 ! It was a promotional gift that had a company emblem. Condition is very good plus. Score for me !

I gave The Chef a Tinker for Christmas at her request in mid summer.
She had to have those nice pliers !
I agree; I was using mine today at work.
She likes it . . . she exclaimed when she first opened the main blade that it was easy for her to open. Generally she hates nail nicks because she hates picking them open with her nails and won't carry one as an EDC, opting instead for her Spyderco Ladybug because of the Spydie hole. I think she is genuinely happy with the Tinker and that's saying something. Other than her couple of large chef's knives she doesn't give a damb about knives.

New Chocolatier Model, custom aluminum handles...

TSfaYLt.jpg

I picked up a Victorinox Rangergrip 78 for Christmas. It's huge and exactly what I wanted after finally doing some reading in the Swiss Army Knife book.

I got a late christmas present, if that counts. My wife took me to the local Vic dealer and bought me a Berry Red Alox Cadet. (pics will follow)

I got a late Christmas gift to myself. Last Saturday I went into my local hunting store and they had Camo Trekkers in stock, so I took one home. :thumbsup:

Picked up a SAK Compact on a whim, with the suspension clip it has kicked out the Leatherman PS4 squirt. It’s still a back up to my main blade, I find having scissors with me really convenient.image.jpg

Since I was a good boy I bought myself a new Tinker (large) and stitched up a new slip from a piece of deerskin. Nice. Nothing like the snap of a new Victorinox........ nothing else makes that sound.

Back