• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

Did you make and Knife new years resolutions?

I'm going to switch to making folders for the rest of the year when I'm done with the batch on my bench. I said that last year too but this year I really mean it.

Did you make any knife resolutions?

I am going to try to make a few more knives this year instead of so many hawks. I remember saying the same thing last year to

I'm going to try and make more than 3 or 4 knives this year :grumpy: Got to get back in my shop!

I'm going to make time to be in the shop this year. The only problem I see is that I may be traveling a LOT this year which will mean zero regularity to my shop schedule, but I'm going to do what I can. I also have a goal of starting to sell a little of my work to see if I can have my hobby fund itself a little bit.

-d

My resolution is to nitpick the heck out of everything untill its either perfect or destroyed ! I have an offering to sell some knives at the rennaissance fair this summer,time to get it right.

My resolution is to make more and better folders this year. Every knife I make I learn a little bit more and now it's time to put it all together. Looking forward to warmer weather to be able to work easier in the garage.

I'm going to try and make more than 3 or 4 knives this year :grumpy: Got to get back in my shop!

Yeah, don't you have some really nice Cocobolo to use, my friend? :p :D

My resolution is to finish some of these blades I've already got heat treated.

I just got back in from my shop. I did not have any knife related resolutions made up except to make more shop time. Now I am resolved to pay more attention while grinding!!! I just snarfed up the plunge area on a decent little knife I have been working on for a few months! :mad: I take comfort in the fact that I'm not the only one who has ever done that! :D -Matt-

my resolutions are:
to get more shop time in and clean and reorganize it
to not get hurt at all especially remodeling the house and/or stock piling the wood supply for winter
my fingers will never be the same after the bath room remodel damn skill saw
to learn how to make damascus
to get a coote
to get a couple of patents on my ideas of improving the liner locks
thats about all i can think of so far.

im gonna join the knife makers guild and start making liner locks. also gonna go to my fist knife show.
brett

Yeah, don't you have some really nice Cocobolo to use, my friend? :p :D

My resolution is to finish some of these blades I've already got heat treated.

As a matter of fact I do :D

So if I don't make at least 4 knives they're all gonna be cocobolo!

Back