Different kind of Insingo swedge

Hello,

Yesterday i asked a question on the Insingo Hangout thread regarding the different kind of swedge on my insingo but now it seems relevant to make a thread about it.

So here's my insingo:

IMG-20191121-125721-163.jpg

See the gap between the swedge and grind line?
Here:

IMG-20190915-142044-610-01.jpg

Well i sent an e-mail to CRK regarding it and their answer was unexpected but good :)
As it turns out if you have a swedge like this on your Insingo that was a request by Chris himself.
During the timeframe the knife was made, these blades were done by hand and the "flats" of the blade (near the spine) were not meant to touch the swedge.

So if like me you have a swedge like this then "you have a Chris approved blade where a limited number of these were done..."

:)

This is the kind of CRK lore I love... thank you for posting it! I think this and flat clips should be put in the time line along with hand ground small Regular double lugs, and other minutia that only real nerds like myself will ever care about! It's just a pocket knife , right???!!! What is the date of your knife? Bart

Last edited:
No problem :)
Don't have the papers with me right now but will let you know later.

Just checked mine..... ...not one of the cool ones. It’s a pretty early one. I’ll check the date and update later. Nice find!

Back