Different kind of watch question

I wear my luminox during covert ops so the bg cannot nail down my position due to the bright light of the cell phone display...... this really means I wear my watch so I can just glance at it without alerting my wife that I am awake and the dog wants to go out....;)

I'm a paramedic. All of the guys and gals I work with wear one. We kind of need them.

Plus, I like them and I think pulling out your phone to tell time is crass and kind of a time waste.

I've been using a wrist watch since I was in elementary school. I also prefer analog watches to digital watches.

I got my son a Swiss Army watch at a garage sale, he loves it and wears it all the time. Its a tough little bugger. He wears it to swim practice, so it is in the water for a couple of hours several days a week. Still runs great.

Ric

I have noticed that younger people don't seem to wear watches as often as older people. .

Greg

I believe most of that is due to people misunderstanding this movie.

[video=youtube;4gVPxPdNLwA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gVPxPdNLwA[/video]

Take a good look at Peter Fonda's watch. It has a Speidel Twist-O-Flex® band. Naive young people see this scene and misunderstand it. They think he is saying "cut yourself loose from the clock and be free." That isn't what he meant at all. He was saying "score big time, toss your crappy cheap watch and move up to Rolex." Believe me, Greg, I know my Fondas and that is what he meant.

I started wearing a watch as a student. I couldn't have a cell phone on me and I never trusted (and still don't) the wall clocks. It became habit for me to check my watch instead of checking the wall clock, because I knew that my watch had the right time. Plus- I can wear a watch swimming and while doing things that would destroy my phone in an instant. My usual weekend watch has features that my phone doesn't. I can check my watch in a movie theater without disrupting the movie for the rows behind me and the people beside me. I like watches as a mechanical and technological gadget. Now I have to wear a watch- it's part of my style.

I'm from a generation that was before cell phones and digital watches. We all knew what "clockwise meant", I kid you not. I don't like removing my phone to see what time it is nor do I keep a phone on me at all times.

I wear a watch to tell time and date. I wear a nice watch because it's the only jewelry, aside from my wedding band, that I wear.

I wear a watch (Citizen 300m "Ecozilla") because I don't have a cellphone...Even if I did have a cellphone, I'd still wear this watch, as it's fun watching kids try to figure out what time it is using an analog watch when they ask me what time it is.:D.:D.

Usually, this question is: "Why do you carry a knife?" and its close cousin "Why do you need so many knives?"

I like a watch cause I'm not a jewelry guy but like to wear a little bling sometimes. I like to know what time it is without pulling out my phone and I like to know what time it is when I wake up in the middle of the night. I like gadgets that work. I like the look of a watch. I like that some of them tell me what direction I'm heading in and some of them time my runs and hikes. I like that my wife can get me a new one for the occasional Christmas or birthday without breaking the bank and that I will always be pleased with whatever she picks.

Easier to tell time by glancing at my watch that having to pull out my cell phone, which can be construed as a bit rude if you're talking to someone (mostly talking about at work right now, etc.) Can't exactly be pulling my cell phone out while consulting sick folks at the pharmacy...

I wear a watch for the obvious reason of reading the time, I've worn a watch since my first mickey mouse watch at 6 years old and feel naked without one.

Back