Different Levels Of Hostile....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great post Mist..
Insight into the lives of the less fortunate is especially important this time of year, many die on the streets battling the cold. I've been getting some old/good clothes and non-perishable food ready to take down to one of our local shelters.

I'm sure there are many others on this great forum doing the same and more:thumbup:

Thank you for another quality post bro:thumbup:

Great post Mist..
Insight into the lives of the less fortunate is especially important this time of year, many die on the streets battling the cold. I've been getting some old/good clothes and non-perishable food ready to take down to one of our local shelters.

I'm sure there are many others on this great forum doing the same and more:thumbup:

Thank you for another quality post bro:thumbup:

Thanks bro, glad you liked the post.

I just got a bunch of stuff together too, and I already know there are.

Hey Mist this really is a great post. I have studied wilderness survival most of my life due to my job as a forester and well all of my interests, but I have become more and more interested in the urban side of the survival thing as I don't know very much about it. I just want to thank you for another quality and informative thread, I always learn a lot from them and they are making me into a more well rounded survivalist. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Hey Mist this really is a great post. I have studied wilderness survival most of my life due to my job as a forester and well all of my interests, but I have become more and more interested in the urban side of the survival thing as I don't know very much about it. I just want to thank you for another quality and informative thread, I always learn a lot from them and they are making me into a more well rounded survivalist. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Thanks Wanderlust, I'm glad you enjoy the urban posts. I love studying all aspects of it and enjoy the wilderness side of it more...but I have more practical experience in an urban environment. The way I see it most of us have to survive the urban at least long enough to get to the wilderness.

Merry Christmas ro you and yours!

Great post.
I keep trying to explain to my 11 year old son what it's like to go with out food for days when he complains about "what's for dinner". You really have to go through it to understand it. Glad you survived, I went through real bad times in my youth also.

Great post.
I keep trying to explain to my 11 year old son what it's like to go with out food for days when he complains about "what's for dinner". You really have to go through it to understand it. Glad you survived, I went through real bad times in my youth also.

It is hard to get them to understand through words. My oldest was always really picky about what she would eat...mainly I think because my ex had the most boring, non-adventurist taste in foods. I would have thought I could have taught Sarah better over the last eight years of me having her but...it took till she was 17. She didn't like my "over-strict" attitude when it came to boys and dating and moved in with her mother (who has done nothing for the girl in the last eight years...and I mean literally nothing). It didn't take her long to realize that her mother was much more interested in herself and her own habits than anyone else, and not very good at keeping food in the house. Sarah is stubborn as hell (I have no idea where she gets that from :eek: ) so rather than coming home she started hanging out with her friends from school more and more and eating dinners at their homes. She goes to a school for the arts which is very diverse culturally, and her taste in food has grown quite a bit as has her understanding of being thankful for what she has on her plate. I have almost went and drug her home a few times but she will be 18 in a few months and this has really been a great learning experience for her. We do hang out more now than we did 6 months ago and when we go out to lunch it is great to see the changes in her food tastes and great to see the maturity developing in her. What's really funny is that the parents of the boy she is dating just bought a house three houses down from mine. Kharma is such an interesting entity.

Another GREAT thread Mistwalker! It's always info like this that you think you'll never need but were all just about 2 steps away from being in this position and relying on it to save our life. Keep em coming brother!

Another GREAT thread Mistwalker! It's always info like this that you think you'll never need but were all just about 2 steps away from being in this position and relying on it to save our life. Keep em coming brother!

Thanks bro, glad you enjoyed the post. I'll keep them coming as long as I am able to :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back